Monday 2 August 2010

I'm back with some cards and candy winner


Hello everyone,I'm back from a few days away. The hotel in Scarborough was really lovely and the concert on Saturday night was brilliant. There were 10 80's acts in the show, including my fave singer, Midge Ure, who I saw for the 17th time. We've seen him everywhere from Cromer Pier to the Royal Albert Hall. Luckily I had today booked off as well and after cleaning and ironing I spent the afternoon crafting. It will take me the rest of the week now to catch up with all of you.

I can't believe my followers are now 510. Welcome to the newcomers. I hope you like what you see and visit often. So here is the first of my cards. Green is my least favourite colour and I struggle to use it but I am pleased with the way this card came out. Not everyone wants a purple or pink card, do they. The LOTV image has been used with Wild Rose paper, Prima flowers and patterned brads. The glittery ribbon is Pepper & friends. I used an MS border punch and Woodware leaf punch.
Challenges
Lili of the Valley Sketch
By the cute and girly Animal antics
Crafty Cardmakers Punches or stickers, orange or yellow, animal
Passion for Promarkers Green
Creative Inspirations Animals
Dutch Dare Anything goes
Charisma Something with a tail
2 Sisters Punches


The second card is the lovely Henry from WOJ.Papers are Papermania and Dovecraft. I added some Papermania glitter strips with glitter foam flowers and some white flowers from a market stall. I found the little cupcake sticker in my stash, no idea where it came from.
Challenges
Friday Sketchers
Whiff of Joy Fuzzy (hope the glitter foam flowers count)
Sir Stampalot Bring on the bling
Quixotic Kraft/brown,pink and blue
One stitch at a time A little pink
The Pink Elephant Something yummy

I used another of my LOTV Christmas images for this one. Papers are Papermania Aqua capsule and DCWV rose tinted Christmas with a scarp of blue spotted paper. The poinsettia was made using a Nestie with a gold brad and Papercellar holly leaves. Star border made using an MS punch. I added lots of faux stitching on this one. The sentiment is Pollycraft. I love this image but I think the flower may be a bit big for the image so overall I'm not really happy with this card.
Challenges
Christmas stampin' all year long Sketch
Flutterby Wednesday Open
Stamp Something Christmas in July
Creative Friday Things with wings
Allsorts Dressing up
One Stop Craft Patterns
Our Creative Corner Christmas in July
Paper Sundaes Stitching

Now the moment you have all been waiting for - the winner of my candy as chosen randomly is..........
That's you, Pinky. Pinky was one of my first followers and is a regular visitor to my blog, as I am to hers, so it will be a real pleasure to send this off to you dear. Please e-mail me your address and I'll send off your goodies.

Bigger candy coming next month so watch this space.

54 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats pinky, lovely cards, very cute images, think the henry one is my fave, lovely colours,
Jenny

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant cards and thanks for joining us at creaive inspirations

Cath Wilson said...

Lots of detail and LOTS of flowers on there, lol. THank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Pillan said...

Congrats to the winner!!
Your card i soo lovely :-) I like them very much...

Miria said...

Three fab cards, Marianne! And congrats to Pinky! Hugs. Miria

Fiona said...

my you have been busy Marianne!! Fab cards. We used to go to either scarborough or Bridlington on holiday when we were kids...it was great...especially Peasholm Park!!

Fi
x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Beautiful cards! Congrats to the winner and Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

Dragonlady said...

Hi Marianne

Great cards, haven't you been busy.
Congratulations Pinky.

Hugs Ali x

Vicky said...

Wow!! you have been busy lol!!, so love all your cards tonight, they are simply gorgeous Marianne and I just fell in love with the LOTV green card, one of my fav colours too.
Well done Pinky :o)
Love Vicky xx

pinky said...

Oh my goodness marianne, just popped over to see what you'd been up too and look what I found!!! Thanks so much, will go and email you now. Love your cards, you have some gorgeous images and definitely make the most of them! Can't wait to get that lovely candy. Big Hugs
Pinky,
ps Midge Ure...you lucky thing!

Lynsey said...

You have been busy today Marianne! Love all the cards especially the first one with the green colour scheme.
Glad you had such a great weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

Pattie said...

I love all the faux stitching - what a pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

Jill said...

Gorgeous cards again Marianne. Glad you had such a good time in Scarborough and a great concert! Jill x

Fleur said...

Stunning cards, especially love the little nativity scene. Perfect for my theme
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
Hugz Fleur xXx

Wiccababe said...

congratulations Pinky
fab cards Marianne, you've been a very busy lady today
Debz
xx

Frau Ninchen said...

cute cards!
thanks for joining us at creative friday!

xx janina

Unknown said...

Well done to Pinky couldnt have went to a nicer person, she was the first one to follow my blog, well have you been busy gorgeous cards, beautiful papers and flowers, and lovely images.
Christine x

Brenda Brown said...

A gorgeouss set of card Marianne, I love them all.
Thankyou for sharing your second one with us at OSAAT.
Luv Brenda xxxx

JLJ Designs said...

Cute cards! Love the non-traditional Christmas. Congrats Pinky!

Jennifer

CraftyC said...

Beautiful selection if cards Marianne. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge
Clairexx

Fiona said...

forgot to say...thank for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

fi
x

Mary Lou said...

Marianne your cards are wondrous!!
I really like the Henry card--the papers are so perfect for the image:)
congrats Pinky!
Blessings

Loz said...

Wow, your cards are all great! Lo the cute LOTV kitty... so sweet! Congrats to Pinky on winning your candy! ♥

Unknown said...

Wow what a great selection of cards. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT with your 2nd card.

debby4000 said...

Oh wow gorgeous cards Marianne.
Sounds you had a fabulous time.
luv
Debby

angelique (anlou) said...

pinky congrats girl
marianne i really love all the cards that you've made
hugs angelique

Lisa Jane said...

awww what cute cards - thanks for joining us this month at By the cute and girly
Lisa ;)

Agnieszka M said...

Grats Pinky.

Your Cars is very fab !!

Gina said...

Congratulations Pinky!!! And gorgeous cards Marianne :D I have the opposite problem to you, love green, struggle with pink :D XXX

Danni said...

What lovely and delightful cards!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Wishcraft said...

All gorgeous cards - really love the green one, it's so sweet. Thanks for your message on my blog, I'm following you now too... re your question - I have no idea! I just use the basic template I think, and choose the 'extra large' option for pics. Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

just perfect hun, I love the DP and that mousey is fab
thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week!
good luck, hugs shell xx

- - Sheryl - - said...

Adorable cards - thanks for reminding me to link my card at WW - I have done so.... glad I found your blog - I am a follower now. Your cards are too cute!
Sheryl

gina g said...

wow you've been busy hun they are all fabulous too. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

pinky said...

Me again Marianne, just want to say how gorgeous your card is, loving all that bling especially in the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Choccy said...

What beautiful cards..

Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT,Good luck !

Choccy x

Stephanie said...

Many beautiful cards! thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

They are all faboulous cards. I just love that LOTV image.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Wendy

Josephine said...

That mouse is so cute, and I love the glittery flowers!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

Nicola said...

Beautiful creation Marianne, love your images, papers and fabulous floral detail.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Francesca said...

your cards are beautiful,Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Francesca

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable cards! Thanks for going "Christmas in July" with us at SS this week. Hope to see you back again next week! :)

Chrissie said...

All great cards!
Thanks so much for joining us at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

Chrissie said...

All great cards!
Thanks so much for joining us at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

Nana said...

What a lovely set of cards. All great!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Debs said...

Beautiful set of cards Marianne
Love the LOTV image.
Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Pamela said...

Great set of cards.

Thanks for playing along with us at CF.

xx Pam

Mel said...

Oh petal i dont knew where you find the time to create fantastic cards!
Love the wee thomas cat images from lotv!
thanks for playing along ay CCM
Hugs Melly xxx

scotspanda said...

all 3 cards are gorgeous, the image on the dresing up one is fabulous I think I might have to get it lol

thanks for joining in the dressing up fun at Allsorts this week :o)

Amanda xx

Stacy Walker said...

Very cute cards. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

Unknown said...

Marianne what lovely cards! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - punches challenge this week. Jo x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, great colours and layout!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Hugs /Hanna

Giò said...

Totally gorgeous cards!!!!
Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Sally H said...

cute card! Great colours and lovely bling. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month
Hugs, Sally