Wednesday 4 November 2020

Winter


I had this idea in my head for a while as I wanted to make a Christmas card for some friends who don't like cute cards and don't like Christmas since their daughter died suddenly almost 3 years ago aged 40. She loved Christmas so for them it has become a sad time of the year.

They like deer so I chose this old Tim Holtz deer die which I diecut twice to create a shadow effect.  I used some old Dovecraft papers and then looked through my various Christmas bits and pieces to create a layered effect. The sentiment was diecut using a pack of Tim Holtz dies.

I was fortunate to have a hair appointment on Monday for a cut and colour so at least I got that done before lockdown comes again on Thursday. I got my last 3 Christmas presents whilst we were in the city. Our line dancing classes have finished of course and our teacher has said she won't start up again before January even if lockdown ends in December.  I should have no excuse for not getting the rest of my Christmas cards made now that we can't go out from tomorrow except for essentials like food and exercise.  Thankfully we can go and see my Mum still as we are in a support bubble.

19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Like the style of your card Marianne it’s different but I like it and your friends will too...well done fir finishing off your Christmas shopping ..I know hairdressers around us have been working until late at nights and early morning ...thankfully one of my daughters was a hairdresser so we’re lucky but had our done a week ago anyway..l

Anne

brenda said...

It sounds like a perfect card for your friends Marianne, I lost my Dad at Christmas so it does make it hard, they say it eases with the years, we'll see.

B x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

pinky said...

Christmas can be so hard for some people Marianne so I think this card will be perfect for your friends. So sad. Great you got your hair sorted, will hopefully keep you going until lockdown is over for you. We are on a mini lockdown but I really see no difference here. Still loads of people out and about :( and most see to have no idea about social distancing!!

dolcreations said...

Marianne, I think you have made a perfect card for your friends. I love how you did the deer.

meg said...

A beautiful winters card,not too Christmassy,hope your friends love it

Linda Simpson said...

Very pretty card, love how you have combined the differed styles of papers. Love the deer.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure your friends will appreciate your thoughtfulness with this card Marianne. It's beautiful.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

I love your design Marianne, and gorgeous papers too, love the deer, I'm sure your friends will love it.
Well done in getting your hair appointment and your Christmas shopping finished, keep safe, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi your card is gorgeous. I love the design. I had my hair cut last Friday. Which worked out well. I still cut my hubby's hair so he hasn't had to go back to the barber. Take care and stay safe. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous design with that stunning deer!

Carol S. said...

A lovely design and a great idea for using up pieces of papers. Love the deer too. I am lucky, having been a hairdresser for 58 years, I cut and colour my own hair and my husband's too. Glad you will still be able to spend time with your Mum. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Your style is perfect for this sad time of year for your friends, perfect and great idea with the deer die.x

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, a fabulous deer.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Marianne, love teh deer die and all those gorgeous papers.
Lorraine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great make. Hope your doing ok in the new lockdown, we are still in a tier system so less restrictions here. Hazelx

Mrs A. said...

The tartan looks great on the deer and a perfect non christmas card for your friends to recieve. I have missed out on my hairdressers appt as it was not until mid November. Thank goodness that Dentists are still open as I had my review on Thursday to see if enough bone had grown to take the implant. surgery is next week. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarah said...

This is certainly a lovely alternative Marianne.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Marianne..stay safe.

Luv CHRISSYxx