Wednesday 18 November 2020

More snowmen


I thought I would change the theme of my blog as I have had the same one for ages. I remember when I used to change the header regularly to suit the time of year but I haven't done that for a long time now. People used to have falling flowers or snow but I think a lot of people just keep their headers the same nowadays.  I tried a few different looks as you can preview them. Some of them just show a little bit of the post then you have to click more to read it. I know some people have their blogs like that but I find it annoying having to keep clicking to see the whole posts.  I will see what I think about this one. Do let me have your thoughts.

 I decided to have a look through my box of stamped and printed images and colour a couple of them otherwise they will never get used. This is an old Little Claire stamp. Whatever happened to Little Claire? They just disappeared one day, such a shame. I coloured them with Copics and decided to keep with a limited colour palette. I used a Lawn Fawn stitched circle die and trimmed off the bottom, adding some black soot distress ink around the edges and pearl dots using a Viva pearl pen. The fence die is a Doohickey one diecut in white and coloured with the same DI.  The trees are a Joy die and the snowflakes a Tonic punch.  The paper is the lovely First Edition almost Christmas new from Craft Label.

 

15 comments:

meg said...

Agree that it's annoying to have to keep clicking to read a post, like to see everything straight away, love your snowmen, a gorgeous festive card

Christine Dol said...

I like the new look Marianne. I love your snowman card!!!! You always such nice cards! I'm like you, I would like to just see everything without having to keep searching.

Hazel (Didos) said...

I agree too, I get so confused when you click on the blog and then have to click again to see a post. Love the way you have yours laid out. I am changing my header in the new year. I spied a lovely one over on Etsy and am going to use Santa pennies for it:) Love this card its adorable, hope you guys are doing ok, Hazelxx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Marianne, fun snowmen.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love those snowmen. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sarah said...

Loving the new blog look Marianne, such a rich colour. A lovely card x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and great image used loving the background x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your new look Marianne ...your happy snowman card is cute

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, your card is fabulous, I love the image and it's good to see a LC image, I loved the company. super design and colours, I also love the little embellishments too.
I thought it was a new page yesterday, It's lovely, I wouldn't know how to change mine, and mine was made for me, and I don't now if the lady is still around, keep safe, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A fab Christmas card Marianne, and gorgeous snowmen.
Love the new look on your blog too
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely new layout for the blog,Marianne. It seems more readable with these colours. Adorable card!

Carol S. said...

Love the colour background and a great colour to showcase your cards.
Love this card and the snowmen are brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Very striking card, love the snowman trio...x

Chrissy said...

Wonderful fun design and card Marianne, love the snowmen and fabulous background..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card so many delightful details. I agree about the header, (yours is great) I don't want to keep clicking to see a post.
Faith x