Thursday 19 November 2020

Reindeer gift


I love purple and I love kraft but I'm not sure I have ever used them together before but I am glad I tried it. This was the second of my older images I decided to colour. This one is from LOTV, Reindeer Gift, coloured with Copics.  I used a Lawn Fawn pierced rectangle die and some LOTV papers from last year. They do sell some similar digi ones now. I added soem burlap, lace from crafty Ribbons, a LOTV sentiment coloured with frayed burlap distress ink and some wooden snowflakes.

Now I am going to admit to making a rare mistake with the background as I thought I would add some snow using a lilac 3d pearl effects bottle from Dovecraft. However the dots came out bigger than I liked so I scraped them all off.  This of course left some marks so I started by colouring the backgrouns using a pale aqua pen and then blending it out with a blender pen, I then added some tiny white dots with a gel pen, used a white sparkle pen and then some tiny pearls.  So it looks lovely and sparkly in real life and I don't suppose the recipient will ever know of my mistake. Luckily with crafting most mistakes can be rectified or covered up.

 

12 comments:

meg said...

gorgeous colour combo and image Marianne, the deer are adorable

Magic Maggie said...

This is lovely, thank you - would you believe I was sorting out my set of lotv reindeer digis only last night (and the pugs)!
Now...I've been watching Bob Ross' Joy of Painting and he always says there are no mistakes in art, only happy accidents.
Love
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely colours combo, the kraft with purple tones work so well and love the touch of burlap and lace!!

Doreen said...

Love the cute reindeer,just gorgeous.xxxx

brenda said...

The image is sweet and really like the textures Marianne.

B x

cotnob said...

Adorable Reindeer Marianne, so cute.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

Another cutie! I love these two reindeers! I think the purple tones and the kraft are really really nice together!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a cute card. I love it. Those reindeer are just so sweet. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

So cute, love the beautiful reindeer's.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

FABulous card Marianne, love the deer and colouring and wonderful design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Marianne and the image is so sweet. Lovely use of Kraft card and the hessian. You've covered up your mistake well, as the background is fabulous, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, love the cute reindeer and those stunning papers.
Lorraine x