Tuesday 4 August 2020

Keeping warm



We had a lovely trip into the city yesterday as I had to collect my new glasses which I am really pleased with. It was quite busy but most people were keeping their distance and I felt more confident going in a few shops. I even went into The Works and bought some books and a new Christmas bunting die which I can't want tot use. We took advantage of the Dine out to Help Out half price scheme and had a cuppa when we arrived then lunch at Pizza Express where we also had a code for free dough balls. So altogether we spent £20 and saved £30. What a bargain.

The weather is going to hot up again tomorrow so we won't be needing hats and scarves unlike this snowman. I look forward to September when it will hopefully be a bit cooler. Yesterday was 19 which was perfect for me.

Anyway I made another Christmas card with another Penny Black stamp coloured with Copics. The papers are First Edition Jolly Holidays.  I used a Go Kreate frilly 9 die and diecut some trees which I then smooshed with Dovecraft 3d earl effect green and white. I also used a Tonic snowflake punch and some glitter card.

17 comments:

brenda said...

You are braver than me Marianne, I'm yet to venture anywhere and desperately need to go to the optician as I'm still struggling without glasses since my eye ops in January/February, I can see miles now but nothing much close up.

Such a warm and cheery feel to your PB Christmas card.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful colouring on your stamped image great papers embellishments and card

Claire said...

Beautiful christmas card, I too prefer autumn
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

aussie aNNie said...

wow absolutely love this card, love the fantastic stamp and gorgeous papers. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Chirstmas card Marianne...pleased you enjoyed your meal out...we enjoyed a cooked breakfast out this morning then did a 4 mile walk...so I didn't feel so bad!.

Anne

Christine Dol said...

Another great Christmas card! LOVE the image! Sounds like you had a wonderful day....

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super card, love the trees, paper and snowman. Happy to hear you had a bargain outing in town LOL. As for heat we have 15C here in Wales atm, so looking forward to some heat that has been promised!
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, gosh you are both brave to go to an eatery, I'm pretty clear that it won't be something we will be doing any time soon. Alistair is desperately needing his eyes tested, but the opticians have just started to look at routine procedures and there will be a quite a time to catch up with everything.
Your card is so sweet and a lovely design and colours, take care, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. That image is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

So cute, love the image and wonderful trees.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a sweet card, love the snowman and his hedgehog friend, Its freezing here and has rained all day,so no cosy weather here, Hazelx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Marianne. Love the PB stamp, one of my favourites
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Marianne ....the image is so cute ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Fikreta said...

so very cute!

cotnob said...

A sweet Christmas card Marianne, such a cute image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very cute card, love the image and your Go Kreate frilly die!!