Wednesday 5 June 2019

Happy 48th Wedding Anniversary


Today is our 48th Wedding Anniversary! I did get married very young ๐Ÿ˜Š. Today is also my first official DT post on the Swedish House Crafts blog.  This is the card I made for hubby. I try to do something completely different each year and this year I was inspired by our love of denim, music and flowers.  The female image reminds me of one of my favourite 70's fashions when I wore a white petticoat with a broderie anglais trim showing underneath a skirt. Mind you mine were a lot longer than the ones in the image.

I wanted to show how you can used 6x6 papers on a larger card by creating a patchwork effect.  I used Maja Denim and girls 6x6 papers. There are several of these papers which suit male cards too. The images are from Maja snapshots guys in jeans and Maja Denim and girls - girls in jeans.  I also used a heart banner die, some wooden stars and lace.

19 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card and congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary.
Kath x

Janette said...

Happy anniversary,wow thats a long time but I bet its flown by.
I love your card its really pretty and very personal to you both, from one 'denim lover' to another, I hope you have the best of days together.xx

meg said...

congratulations to you both hope you have a wonderful day, love your cardthe denim images are beautiful

Jackie T said...

Happy anniversary to you both. I hope you have a great day. The card you have made for your hubby is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

WOW 48 YEARS! Congratulations to you both I hope you have a very special day.
Your card is beautiful, such lovely papers and the images are brilliant, super card for Graham, Kate x x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Marianne and Happy Anniversary to you both..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!! The card is so gorgeous!! I love the papers and design (and I used the same image on my card today, too ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

Happy Anniversary Marianne, your only a bit behind us - yes I got married young as well, 17! A great layout today.

B x

Linby said...

It's really lovely. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Christine Dol said...

Congratulations on 48 years! That is wonderful! What a great idea for a card for your hubby! So personal and thoughtful! Enjoy your day!!!!!!

Viv said...

Many congratulations to you both on this amazing anniversary!
Fabulous card!

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. A wonderful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Happy anniversary to you both Marianne, we just had our 50th...quite a milestone in this day and age...Your card is really lovely I am sure your hubby loved it

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your card, beautiful layout with fab images and papers.

As for the skirt ah! yes I remember those too and the sugar dipped petticoats to make the skirt stand out. LOL. 48 years years WONDERFUl, bet you your VERY young. We have our 53rd in June, I was only ? getting married!
Faith x

Carol S. said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Obviously a very young teenage bride!!! A great card for Graham. I remember the skirts with the lace trim. I made my own clothes in those days, so had quite a lot of them. Have an enjoyable celebration. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous rustic look, so sweet!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and big congrats to you both.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, I hope you both had a lovely day.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

so very nice!