Wednesday 4 July 2012

Is that the time?


Here I am back with another vintage card. I do love these cards and this would make a great male card. There's a lot of clock faces and watches here. The paper is Bo Bunny Timepiece. I have added some vintage seam binding, a die cut Tim Holtz clock face and a digi pocket watch from The Crafty Pad. I bought a small dictionary the other day as I had the idea of using pages on cards especially this style. Now I am very precious about books and cannot stand people even turning down a corner in a book never mind writing in them. Howvere as I bought this specifically for this purpose I quite happily tore a piece out relating to Time and like everything else inked it with Di Vintage Photo. A Craftwork cards sentiment finishes it off.

Challenges
The Sketchy Challenge Great sketch 
Just Inspirational Photo (I chose Big Ben as inspiration) 
Delightful Celebration

17 comments:

Jackie said...

Superb vintage card. Like you, I shudder at the though of desecrating books, but as it was bought for this purpose I can just about handle it :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Marianne, great vintage colours and papers and love the design! Jo xxx

Sue said...

fabulous card Marianne. I love the vintage design.

Hugs Sue

Dawn Ruth said...

Love the card very vintage. I have this die cut but as yet haven't used it. I was going to use it for a card for my Dad but my hubby thought he might think I was trying to point out the clocks ticking and he was running out of time .... so I thought better of it. On reflection I think I was daft because your card doesn't evoke this at all

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is wonderful... i love pocket watches and the die is perfect
Lisa x

rachel said...

brilliant - absolutely fab - and thanks for the tip about the greaseproof paper - will try it later! Hugs rachel xx

dolcreations said...

What a great vintage card Marianne. I love how you placed the die in the center and how you did the little piece of dictionary paper in the corner...brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty and elegant card.Thank you so much. Would you like to know more about Scrapbooking ideas and scrapbooking supplies? Here you can find http://www.alacraft.com.au/scrapbooking-cat10

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and elegant Marianne as always :)x

mags said...

A lovely vintage card Marianne. Love all the distressing. Just off now to check out what you have been creating while I have been away.
Mags
x

Vicky said...

This is super Marianne...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at sketchy challenges!
Hugs
Cordine

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Marianne,

Awesome vintage card. I just love the distressed look and you picked the perfect papers to go with the die. Amazing male card - I love it! Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls.

Hugz,
Sandy

Chrissy said...

Fabulous vintage card Marianne,

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so stunning marianne.fab vintage design ;D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant vintage style card Marianne, I love all those clocks/watches, and the distressed look, this is superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Marianne this is adorable! I love the page torn form the dictionary! What a great idea! Are you sure you don't want to join us over at TCP lol :)) Have a great weekend hun!