Wednesday 14 July 2021

Jug of flowers


I stitched this a while ago and had forgotten I had done it. I had a pile of images to make into cards and then decided the pile was too big so I filed them back and this was amongst them. I used a little kit from Hobbycraft but didn't like the flowers in the pattern so made up my own. 

I made a double frame using stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn. The paper is Maja Denim and girls, the sentiment is LOTV.

A crafting funny happened yesterday at line dancing. My left foot felt uncomfortable so after a couple of dances I took off my shoe and found a pearl stuck to my sock rubbing against my shoe! I wondered where it had gone that morning.  Off to see my Mum this morning and then we will be going out for lunch.

 

14 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely needlework making a super feminine card Marianne.

B x

meg said...

A beautifully framed cross stitch design with a gorgeous paper,amazing where crafty bits and pieces can turn up.

cotnob said...

A lovely cross stitch Marianne, so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Marianne..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

Marianne this is so beautiful and creative

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a pretty card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dolcreations said...

Marianne..you are the queen of beautiful cross stitch cards! They are my favourite, next to your snowman cards!
I loved your crafty story..I had a similiar incident! I was die cutting letters one day and when I couldn't find one letter that I knew I had die cut...it showed up later stuck to my clothing in the grocery store!!!! Oh us crafters!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card with your stitched flowers!
You made me laugh with the pearl stuck to your sock at line dancing!! :D A crafter is never in incognito! :D LOL

Nicki said...

this is so cute, love the cross stitch, makes a beautiful card

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Marianne, I love the colours you've chosen and your flower embellishments are gorgeous. Glad the pearl didn't hurt your foot. I usually find gems sticking to the sole of my shoes, making me think I've got on tap dancing shoes, Kate x

Carol S. said...

Love the cross stich image and makes a pretty card. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

wow I just adore this...xx

Kath said...

A lovely card Marianne - the jug of flowers is to pretty.
Kath x

Sarah said...

this is so pretty Marianne, beautifully stitched!! I hope the pearl matched the sock!!