Monday 5 July 2021

Decoupage!


I had a lovely day yesterday, made 5 cards, finished a jigsaw we started on Saturday and read my book. Graham also had a great time on the water.

I said I was going to get more Christmas cards made and of the 5 cards I made, 4 of them are Christmas cards. I found an old Dovecraft paper and decoupage pack. I was sent it to use for a magazine commission and the rest of the pack has been sitting unused for a few years. So I thought why not use it. The papers are lovely and the images are sweet and they will make a useful addition to my cards for sale.  Talking of which I have booked my first craft fair for the year next month. I also have one booked in November and hope to book a few more for Christmas.

I used Dovecraft adhesive glitter card with some Joy tree dies and a sentiment from LOTV.  I use Crafter's Companion Collal glue for decoupaging as it allows me to round the layers better than using foam pads.

I have posts scheduled for every day until Friday so far so pop back tomorrow and if you would like to leave a comment it would be very much appreciated.

 

11 comments:

brenda said...

A really sweet Christmas creation Marianne.

B x

Margaret R said...

Lovely Christmas card can’t believe half the year has gone already and Christmas is getting nearer. Pleased you both had a good day yesterday and you have some craft fairs booked.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card love the sweet Santa Bear..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a cute card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Marianne, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dolcreations said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday! I really like the decoupaging look on your Christmas card. You once again have motivated me to get going on those Christmas cards. It is a great time to start ...because before you know it...the holiday season will be here!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A so lovely Christmas card, love the sweet bear!

meg said...

The topper is a beauty Marianne a great little scene against the fabulous papers and diecuts

Carol S. said...

I love blue and white for Christmas cards and a very cute topper.
I haven't seen any adverts for Craft Fairs around here yet. Just looking forward to finding some, as I need to get some money for my charities. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

A beautifully designed card Marianne, I love the topper and the background is fabulous. You had a very productive day by the sounds of things, Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

Cool card, looks peaceful though cold. Love your other bag deco below.. xx