Wednesday 15 April 2020

Snowman decoration


I took some time out from a larger cross stitch I am doing to make my first cross stitched Christmas decoration for this year. It actually took a lot more work than I thought but I love how it turned out. It is one of a set of 4 Happy Snowmen patterns I bought from Durene Jones on Etsy. I made a few changes as the button was cross stitch, the eyes backstitch and the mouth and baubles french knots. I decided to use buttons and seed beads instead. 

I must have had the seed beads since I first started crafting. I think they came in one of those plastic containers I bought when starting out as it had all kinds of embellishments in it. I think it is the first time I have used the seed beads so I am glad I kept them.   

I stitched it on perforated paper which is nice and stiff, then added a ribbon loop and used strong glue to attach white felt to the back. Tomorrow I will be sharing a Christmas card with you.

15 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely decoration Marianne.
Kath x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Marianne, a lovely Christmas decoration.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your hanging decoration Marianne..must say I've not tried stitching on perforated paper

Anne

Christine Dol said...

Marianne ...the work you put into this snowman is incredible! You did an awesome job! I love the buttons and the seed beads!!!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

This is so good x

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, I do love snowmen.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh this is gorgeous Marianne, love the snowman, he's so cute and again your stitching is fabulous, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A lovely decoration Marianne
Lorraine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW , this is stunning, what a great make, Im off to browse her etsy store now. I have seed beads I bought when Jake was wee as a Oh they are pretty!! They must be about 20 years old and I still just look at them!! Ooops!! Hope you're safe and well, Hazelxx

Deborah said...

Lovely Christmas decoration.
Deborah

Carol S. said...

Very cute and a lovely snowman. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours, so bright and happy, love your snowman with his happy smile Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, I hate french knots but never thought of using beads, your stitching is so neat, a gorgeous make, hugs Pops x

Fikreta said...

so very nice!