Tuesday 2 July 2019

Cross Stitching


Well hello, I am back on my blog today with something different. I didn't get a chance to get in the craft room at the weekend but I did make a card yesterday so will share that with you tomorrow. Life is busier than usual as Graham is going for his pre op assessment on Thursday and then has his hernia op next Tuesday at the Spire hospital. That means we are bust getting things done at home as he will need to rest for a few days then start light activities.

When LOTV had their half price sale last week I bought a couple of the cross stitch charts as I had been thinking about trying them for a while. I haven't done cross stitch for years and when I did I always used one with the pattern printed onto the fabric. I am used to following a chart but not used to starting with a blank piece of material. I made a start last night and am loving it. It took me a while to sort out my threads as I have a lot of colours that I use for other hand sewn items. I matched what I had as near as possible to the colours on the chart,

So watch this space for the finished article. That may be some time 😊

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the finished piece!! I know it will be amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jackie T said...

It sounds like you are very busy. That is a gorgeous kit I can't wait to see it when you have finished. I all goes well with your hubby's op. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Dol said...

Marianne...I have been looking at getting some cross stitch charts from LOTV. I think they are so sweet! I can hardly wait to see yours...

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Cross stitch image Marianne, sadly my hands are too painful to do cross stitch but I look forward to seeing yours completed... hope your Hubby's op goes ok

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece Marianne.
Wishing Graham well for his op, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely design, good luck with the op on hubby too.
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Marianne, this looks gorgeous and can't wait to see the finished project. I used to cross stitch many years ago too and have quite a lot of my work around the house in frames. I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of this which I am sure you will. I have gotten hooked into knitting again and love doing it while watching TV of an evening.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Best wishes for your hubby op, Marianne!!
Great idea cross stitching that LOTV cutie!!!

Janette said...

Look forward to seeing it Marian next it's always refreshing to enjoy something different. X

Carol S. said...

Looking forward to see the finished project. I was addicted to cross stitch for many years. I preferred to use linen rather than Aida and couldn't get to grips with pattern on the fabric. I still have a few half done!!
Hope Graham gets on ok with his op. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anne said...

I've been such a bad blogger recently, just having a catch up! I'll look forward to seeing how this progresses Marianne - a change is as good as a rest!
Anne x

cotnob said...

A super kit Marianne, looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tracy Welham said...

Oh wonderful, I didn't realise you were a cross stitcher too. I used to cross stitch years ago and have just recently got back into it. I am busy cross stitching pieces for my sister who is expecting her first baby at the end of August. This looks like a lovely kit and I look forward to seeing the finished result.
Creative Blessings. x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I can't wait to see this finished up Marianne, such a fab image choice, love it! Good luck to Graham for his op, hope that all goes well. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Fikreta said...

so very nice!