Wednesday 17 July 2019

Much better in real life


Believe me, this card looks so much better in real life. The purple is so rich and the colours very sparkly. It just wouldn't photograph well and I couldn't improve it much in photoshop. Still I know how much nicer it really is.

It's another card for my cardmaking class. I wanted to try using something they could colour with glitter pens. I used a Woodware stamp and Nuvo glitter pens. The embossing folder is an old one from Crafter's Companion I think. I added a bit of interest by using a MFT inside and out corner rounded die and a Xcut corner rounder punch. The butterflies were diecut with Joy dies.  I think they will have fun making this.  I have a selection of glitter and sparkle pens in lots of different colours for them to use along with different coloured card, twine and charms as I like them to express their individuality not just all make the same card.

14 comments:

meg said...

beautiful card and a great way to introduce colouring a beautiful clean design

Glennis F said...

Lovely card Marianne, I wish I could come to your class!

Liz McGuire, said...

Looks lovely to me! And a perfect choice for a class, Liz x

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! I love the colors and sparkle!! The embossing is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Dol said...

I do like that deep purple...your right it is so rich. Love how you have different ideas in your card making classes.
The little charm is perfect and such a sweet touch!
Have a wonderful day Marianne.

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the embossed background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's so lovely, fab embossing and love the string with the little flower!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne..I have been looking at glitter pens lately, may have to give Nuvo pens a go...love your embossed background too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracy Welham said...

It's beautiful, I'm sure your class will love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Sandra H said...

This card is so beautiful and creative x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very lovely, love the embossing and the butterflies with beautiful colour combo.
Faith x.

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, unfortunately photographs quite often don't do our makes justice.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

I clicked on the picture and I could see the glitter on the flower circles. A lovely background too. Hugs, Carol S.xx