Monday 25 February 2019

Christmas fairy


I had a lovely time colouring some images on Friday whilst our new windows were being fitted. After doing the ironing there really wasn't anything useful I could do. I coloured 10 images so yesterday I was able to make three cards and have seven coloured images left to use.  I really enjoy a colouring session like that and must do that more often.

I adore Marina Fedotova's beautiful artwork and Whimsy Stamps now have several of her designs which used to be sold by Sugar Nellie.  This is Snowflake Wishes coloured with Copics. I used a Sakura clearstar pen for the silver bells and snowflakes and a Spectrum Noir moonlight sparkle brush pen on her wings. Having the image already coloured gave me more time to spend on the card and I  got out my heat gun to use with the Stampendous chunky white embossing enamel.  I used MFT wonky stitched rectangle and circle dies, a snowflake die, Memory Box I think plus a Tonic snowflake punch.  The papers are Wild Rose Frosted Lace.

21 comments:

Isobel said...

Gorgeous x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Marianne

Anne

Janette said...

Oh Sugar Nellie, there's a blast from the past, I always loved that blog and its so nice to see this image, really pretty card Marianne..have a good day.x

Jackie T said...

Oh this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I just love that fairy she is so cute. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

love the icy colours and the gorgeous stamp

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and image used x

aussie aNNie said...

Very nice card and love the distressed look.x

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, the image is so cute and I love the snowflakes too hugs Pops x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Marianne, lovely winter blues.
I hope you are pleased with your new windows.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

LOVE LOVE all the blues....gorgeous card Marianne!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a beautiful card Marianne
Gr Karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful and joyful card Marianne.
Faith
Daffodil Cards

brenda said...

The embossing enamel adds a lovely snowy touch to the fairy scene Marianne.

B x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet character and card, thanks for sharing x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Marianne, love the different colour blues.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sarah said...

What a beautiful frost fairy Marianne, love this card x

Carol S. said...

I love her images too and tried to get access to them. So thanks for saying where we can get them. A beautiful card and love the colour. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! The fairy is beautiful!! I love the chunky embossing enamel and the colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So cute and sweet!!

cuilliesocks said...

What fabulous colours and design Marianne, love the sweet fairy, Kate x x

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card!