Friday 20 July 2018

Starstruck


I couldn't resist buying a couple more Card-io stamp sets at Doncaster last weekend. These stamps are from the Starstruck set. Although they are designed as a Christmas set coming with a star and a deer I would use some of the animals for other occasions. I used a MFT stencil for my hill, colouring the sky using a dry wet wipe and a blue ink pad. I added some little snow dots and crooses with a white gel pen. I then stamped the animals and sentiment. Now I actually bought the sentiment stamps from someone on Facebook. She had never used them and I was lucky to spot them as I almost bought them at Doncaster and as she was selling them cheaper I couldn't resist.   I added a little silver glitter acrylic pain to the snow.

One of the things I love with crafting is that when something doesn't work out there is often a way round it. I stamped the star with white ink and it hardly showed so I stamped over it with Versamark and heat embossed it gold. I still wasn't happy so I used the same shaped star in a Memory Box die with gold glitter card and added it on top. 

Challenges
Simon Says use a die

20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the scene you created.xxx

brenda said...

It's just gorgeous Marianne and looks like some more stamps I need.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful scene Marianne

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely.x

Isobel said...

Beautiful card, love the cardio stamps x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the scene you created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Harrop said...

This really made me smile Marianne. All the animals gazing up at the star - adorable! Christine x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative is your card x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what an adorable card, love those wee stamps, super cute, Hazelx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Marianne

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

I adore this Marianne, I was these stamps on Hochanda and put them on the wish list, your scene is gorgeous and love the gold star.
Been scrolling through your posts and your creations are all so beautiful, Kate x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so adorable Marianne. I love how you have laid it all out & your notes on how you achieved it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Marianne, a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

What a sweet and beautiful scene you've created!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card and love the scene you have created. The star is very striking. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely scene!

Debra K. said...

Lovely card! The gold glitter star works a treat. Debra x

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!
hugs

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a fabulous creation Marianne. I love the silhouette style stamps, so effective as you've used them. A really fabulous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is so beautiful! Great use of dies too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin