Friday 17 June 2011

Let's Party

How excited was I on Monday when I saw that Paula has a DT call at Pollycraft and was also giving away 2 fab freebie digis. One is Sonny's Party which I used for this card. Regular readers will know I am a huge fan of Pollycraft. I coloured Sonny with Promarklers and added some Sakura clearstar for some sparkle and used a Sakura purple glaze pen for the string on the balloon and the bunting. I printed 2 images so I could 3D her balloon and shoes.

As soon as I saw this image I knew I wanted to make an 8" x 8" card and add some bunting. I made it a flag shape rather than triangles for a change and die cut letters using a Sizzix Tim Holtz alphabet.  I find the trick with bunting is to give it a slight curve so it looks like it is hanging.

The papers are from a Kanban scrapbook set of papers I bought yesterday. The colours are so gorgeous I couldn't wait to use them and hope that using my fave purple will bring me luck. I wanted to add some pink touches too to match one of the papers. I used 2 different MS border punches and a Sizzix corner die for the swirls. Flowers are from Wild Orchid and Michaels.

Challenges:
Tales from Pollycraft DT call
Crafts 4 Eternity Embellishment beginning with R (roses)
Totally Papercrafts Die cuts or punches
Stamp Something Something with pretty papers
Sketch Saturday Fab sketch
Scrapbook Sisters Bunting
Crafty Purple Frog Favourite things (Purple, Pollycraft, Pretty papers, flowers, glitter, swirls, border punches)

I'm off to get something to eat now but will catch up with some blogging later. Have a great weekend. It's pouring with rain here but we can't complain as the gardens and the farms badly need it as we were declared a drought area last week.

18 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh Good luck Marianne .. your card is so pretty . I love how you did the border. I have that punch so must try it
Lisa x

Arline said...

Good luck! Great card...love the colours xx

Lynda said...

Oh this is beautiful Marianne and I too love how you've punched the border. Good luck in the DT call.

Love Lynda xxx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Marianne, so pretty :o) Good luck with the DT call! Lisa x

pinky said...

Its just lovely marianne, love all the punch work. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Marianne and good luck with the DT call.
Chris x

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Beautiful card. I love the scallop sea shell border punch. Your monochromatic purples look lovely together. Great hint about the bunting.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Marianne,very cute image and lovely colouring.
Good luck on the DT call.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

Great party card love the image and colours used simply is beautiful.... Sandra H

Berry said...

Gorgeous card Marianne love the colours and sweet image good luck with the DT call hugs Rebekah xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Marianne....and good luck with the DT call hun..!

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, love the image and fab details. Good luck with the DT call.

Donna x

Cazza said...

I love the bunting and your colouring if fab, what a great card!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

having a {me} day said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Love all the detail. keeley

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.i love the image and your colours and bunting are stunning .
good luck in the dt call :D

xx coops xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, what a stunning card! Good luck with the DT call.
Hugs Lynsey x

kaos said...

Great card!! Love all the details!

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
kaos

Paula said...

Hi Marianne!

This is GORGEOUS!! i love the colours, and the flags look brilliant!

Thanks for entering the DT call...

Good luck!

xxx