Monday 2 May 2022

Learning a new craft



I said the other day that I was going to learn how to do another craft.  Well I have wanted to learn how to decoupage items for a long time.  So I watched some very helpful Youtube videos and yesterday I made these.  Graham was out all day so I had plenty of time to play.

The methods are nothing like I thought they would be so good job I looked at Youtube before having a go.  I started with a simple small heart and for this one you use the top layer of a napkin and paste the Mod Podge on top of the paper.  Once dry I sanded the excess off and added another coat of Mod Podge to seal.

I then moved on to the box.  I have several boxes which I previously decorated after Graham panted them.  I used ribbon, lace and flowers and they sold well.  However they don't seem to sell now so I removed all the decoration and decoupaged it. You do this with a different method using lots of pieces of torn one layer napkins.  Who knew? Well I didn't.

I then did the same thing with a large heart, block and pen/brush holder.  There are some wrinkles but the tutors on the videos said that doesn't matter as it adds to the texture.  I must admit it does give a nice crackle effect. 

I loved making these.  They took longer than I thought but were so much more enjoyable than I expected.  I'm sure my technique will improve too.

Graham is out driving the rescue boat at the powerboat racing again today so a cardmaking day is planned.

13 comments:

meg said...

These are beautiful,your choice of napkins perfect,especially love the poppies

Glennis F said...

They look amazing, what a fun thing to do

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous decoupaged items Marianne, LOVE especially the pink box with tulips!!

dolcreations said...

Wow...these are beautiful. I love the napkins that you used...so pretty!

Kath said...

A fabulous collection Marianne - I like the poppies best!
Kath x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous collection.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful pieces Marianne, the floral papers are gorgeous. Well done on learning the new craft, I would imagine these beauties will sell well, enjoy your crafty day tomorrow, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful projects Marianne this is something I love doing, but quite rare for me to do it. Love the napkins you used. They are all beautiful.
Faith x

Sarah said...

They really are amazing!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful creations x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous projects Marianne, the poppy heart looks fab.
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

They are all gorgoeus Marianne, well done, I love the poppies and tulips, beautiful napkins, they are all gorgeous..

luV CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gosh these decoupage pieces are so beautiful! LOVE the poppies, really gorgeous hun. Hope Graham had a good day on the rescue boat and you in the craft room. Hugs, Wends xoxo