Tuesday 15 February 2022

A thank you present


My blogging friend Kate sent me a lovely surprise package recently.  She was having a clear out of a cupboard and came across some cross stitch packs she had bought but never opened and as she knows I love cross stitch she kindly sent them to me.

This one was a Hobbycraft pack.  It came with a larger frame and the material included in the pack was too small for the frame.  I cut a larger piece but once I had sewn it I thought the frame provided was too big so ended up cutting the material down a bit and using a smaller frame.

I guessed Kate bought it as she intended sewing it for herself so I sewed it and sent it to her.

13 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful realistic thistle,I bet Kate loved it

Sandra H said...

This is so lovely

Kath said...

A lovely present for Kate - the thistle is so pretty. I usually swap fabric that has come with kits as I find it's often got deep creases where it's been folded into the pack and I can never iron them out!

Kath x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous. What a lovely thing to do for your friend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such beautiful flower and gorgeous cross stitching!!

Christine Dol said...

Kate must have been thrilled! This is just lovely!

cuilliesocks said...

I do indeed love this gorgeous cross stitch plaque Marianne, and it was a marvellous surprise to receive. Your stitching is wonderful, and your finishing of the piece is so professionally done too, thanks once again, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both of you so kind and what a joy it must have been for both of you to receive this gorgeous piece of work.
Faith x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous stitching Marianne and a lovely gift for Kate.
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

A pretty Thistle and love the colours. She certainly loved getting it. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cross stitch Marianne and so kind if your friend to gift it to you

Anne

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

I bet she loved it Marianne, it's glorious