Tuesday 4 January 2022

Sneak peek number 2


It has been so good to get back to cardmaking.  I think the short break from it reinvigorated me along with the lovely new stamps from LOTV of course.  This is the owl from the new Love Letters set and I used 2 of the tags from the new mini alphabet and number tags.

I kept this card really simple, colouring the owl with Copics.  I tried colouring the clouds with distress oxide for the first time and I am really pleased with the result.  I used a MFT mini clouds stencil.  The paper is First Edition Gardenia and I just added some brown ricrac.

We are going into Norwich today for breakfast and I have a hair appointment.  It's the first time we have been in the city since a couple of weeks before Christmas and as the schools go back today hopefully it won't be too busy.

 

11 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely card again and nice to read you are enjoying Oxides Marianne, for me it's the chalky finish that appeals compared with regular ones.

meg said...

Your clouds look wonderful behind that gorgeous beautifully coloured owl,a gorgeous card

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cute image Marianne ….I should use my Oxides more ..trouble us when they are stored in a cupboard you do forget they're there …enjoy your breakfast…

Anne

Pauline C said...

Beautiful image Marianne and your clouds look brilliant .. I must try that xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful card Marianne. Love the sweet image and your paper choice if fabulous. Enjoy the day in Norwich and getting your hair done! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card and great clouds too, a very effective inking technique to create all manner of sky backgrounds - you won't be able to stop.
Lorraine

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

A sweet card Marianne, I love the owl image and the lovely colours, kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, lovely image.
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

A pretty card and love the little Owl. Gorgeous cloud background too. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card, love that owl!