Sunday 10 January 2021

First Christmas card of 2021


I really enjoy cross stitching small pictures and they are ideal for making into cards. This is from a pattern by Durene Jones and is a freebie on her FB page. The papers are some old favourites Bo Bunny Altitude. I made a frame for the image using stitched square dies from The Works. I used white glitter card with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and tree dies by Marianne and Doohickey.

I belong to a cross stitch group on Facebook and I am amazed by the time some people spend cross stitching. I love crafting but I don't want to do it all day every day but some of these people are obsessed. They begrudge anything getting in the way of them stitching and some of them have head torches for stitching in the evenings. I want to laugh at some of the posts like the lady who said when you make a hot drink, fill a flask as well so you can make another drink quicker than waiting for the kettle to boil again allowing more stitching time! That takes obsession to a whole new level I think.  I am glad nothing obsesses me that much.

14 comments:

brenda said...

A very pretty creation as always.

B x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh golly, thats obsession for you. I can never understand how people get so much done with their cross stitching, but if nothing gets in the way that will be why!!! I thought I was just a slow stitcher. Love this card, the colours are fantastic, Love Hazelxx

Margaret R said...

Love the colours of your snowman card, I also have my first Christmas card made. Now concentrating on a special birthday card!

Sandra H said...

This Marianne is just gorgeous your cross stitching is amazing x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Marianne, a lovely snowman.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful make Marianne, your stitching is always wonderful.
Faith x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cross stitch snowman card Marianne he's adorable


Anne

dolcreations said...

Marianne...this is awesome! I so love the idea of taking your cross stitch and putting it in a card! What an awesome card! LOVE the colours...you have done a beautiful job!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I do love that cross stitch. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, he's a lovely snowman and beautifully stitched Kate x

Sarah said...

I hear the same kind of thing from members of crochet groups!! This is a really great snowman, love your colour choices x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable cross stitched snowman! A really striking card with it!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, lovely stitching.
Oh dear, they are obsessed!
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed with a fabulous cross stitching and image and colours. x