Friday 22 January 2021

Bee sweet


Well hello after a week of no blog posts I have 4 scheduled for the next 4 days. I don't do many orders but the lady I made several cards for last year who normally buys at the hospital craft fair as she works there, asked me to make her some. The order kept growing until it got to 9 cards and 3 plaques. I sent her photos of some cards and luckily she chose some I had already made to which I just had to add personalised sentiments. However it left me with a few to make plus the plaques. I finished them on Wednesday afternoon so yesterday afternoon I found time to schedule some posts.

She chose the sentiment which I printed from the laptop and diecut with an old Spellbinders die. As she wanted a bee themed plaque I decided to buy the Bee-Lightful digi pack from Nitwits. I really wanted to use bee themed paper and didn't have any big enough and I thought the pack would come in useful for cards and scrapbooking too. 

I fussy cut the heart and beehive and thought how am I going to cut out the bees antennae so decided to diecut them. I inked all the edges and added some flowers I must have bought when I first started cardmaking 15 years ago.  The grosgrain ribbon is from Craft Label.

Back tomorrow with a card. 

15 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful plaque the paper is gorgeous

aussie aNNie said...

Oh gosh love this as I so love bees. xxx

dolcreations said...

Totally adorable Marianne! You did a wonderful job!

cotnob said...

A pretty plaque Marianne, lovely sunny colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous I love it. You have been busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

This is so lovely, the backing paper is perfect. I love this plaque.

Debbie x

brenda said...

A lovely summery creation Marianne.

B x

cuilliesocks said...


Love the bee themed plaque Marianne, beautifully designed and the sentiment is wonderful, I'm sure the lady loved it, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely plaque, it bring a ray of sun at this raining time!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delightful and happy plaque Marianne. So very pretty and I love the sentiment.
Faith x

Claire said...

Wow that was quite an order. A beautiful plaque you creates there

Lorraine said...

Aww, this is so cute. Love the little bees and that fabulous sentiment
Lorraine x

Sandra H said...

This is so lovely x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Bee papers and I love the hive and little bees, so cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Margaret R said...

Lovely plaque love the 🐝