Thursday 9 January 2020

Hats


I haven't quite got back into the swing of crafting and blogging yet. With Christmas and the New Year and then a weekend away it wasn't until Tuesday that things were back to normal when we had our first line dancing class of the year. 

It is always good to start the New Year with a sort out and yesterday Graham sorted out the loft. He found some curtains which we had in our previous house and we have lived here for 23 years! They were expensive ones which is probably why we kept them but they are going to the charity shop today along with a few other things. A trip to the tip yesterday and now we have more space in the loft. Today's task is to clean the craft room as it is impossible to give it a good clean every week.

I was looking for an old stamp and found this one instead which I decided to use. I am sure I have only ever used it with purple ink for some reason. So this time I used chianti Versafine which looks burgundy out came out purple!  I used Crafter's Companion vintage lace paper, cheesecloth, lace from Crafty Ribbons, LOTV sentiment, Wild Orchid flowers and some wired pearls.  I made another card which I can't share yet as it is for a friend's Birthday.

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous vintage look and love the purple tones you used!

meg said...

Love the colour and vintage stamped image a beautiful card

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely female card Marianne..its amazing what you find when clearing out but lucky you found this lovely image

Anne

Viv said...

Lovely vintage card Marianne!

Linda Simpson said...

Very pretty vintage card, love the lace.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh tis is so pretty with all the purples, love that ink colour, Hope you are having a good day crafty cleaning, thats what Im up too. Just stopped for a cuppa! H xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. I love it. Well done for getting so many things organised. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

So pretty Marianne, love the vintage hats and especially stamped in those colours, the cheesecloth in the background is a lovely touch.
Sounds like you've had a great clearout, Kate x

Fikreta said...

Lovely card.

brenda said...

The tone on tone colours looks so pretty Marianne. Good luck with the spring clean.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Marianne, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Corry said...

what a beautiful card, you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is Corryscardandcreations
Hugs Corry

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous vintage card Marianne, the hat stamp looks fab and I love the colours
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Like you Marianne, I am struggling with getting back to blogging. I have had a good tidy up in my craft room but forgotten already where I have put some things!! I hope to finish a scrapbook tonight for my son, for the Maltese connection in my family. Then I need to make some cards for my 2 outlets. A spring theme I think!!

Love your beautiful vintage card. Great colours and design. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sarah said...

Love the amethyst colours of this gorgeous card Marianne. Love the stamp too x