Monday 6 January 2020

Cypress Gardens


his is he second of my scrapbook layouts this year. I am hoping I can keep the momentum going. These pics were taken on our first visit to Florida, December 2001. Cypress Gardens was a lovely gentle theme park very unlike Disneyworld. It opened in the thirties and we were lucky enough to visit as it closed a few years ago and reopened as Legoland. The gardens are beautiful and we did visit Legoland as we had some free tickets one year and it was good to see they have retained the gardens.  I used a Fiskars circle cutter and added several diecuts from my stash.

We have been away to Potters for a fun weekend again so apologies if I haven't commented on your blogs. I have been doing well so far as I appreciate all your visits and am returning as many as I can. We need to keep blogland alive.

17 comments:

brenda said...

Another super layout Marianne, never did get to Cypress Gardens prior to the change.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning page. I love how you have used the tickets and the photo is gorgeous. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such amazing place to spend time! Great layout for your pics!

Carole Pollard said...

Great layout it looks lovely another lovely memory hugs x

meg said...

great to see these pics Marianne such a shame it no longer exists in this format, a great page

Christine Dol said...

It is so nice that you have made a layout of Cypress Gardens since it has changed over to Legoland...kind of neat to have those memories! Love your layouts!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful layout and the gardens look magnificent.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love both your scrapbook LOs. I really must try and get some done again!! Havent for years!! Cypress Gardens looks like it was beautiful, Hazel xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous layout and love the photos..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

What a lovely page Marianne, the bunting detail is a lovely touch. Quite right, we definitely need to keep blogland alive!! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New year.
A fabulous layout and beautiful photo's and I'm amazed how pristine those tickets are from 2001, you must have kept them in a safe place.
Trying to visit as many blog friends as I can this year, last year was not a good one and I'm determined to make this year different.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous layout Marianne, super way to keep memories alive, Kate x x

Pop's Cards said...

This is such a cool layout, I love to see photos on display like this hugs Pops x

Carol S. said...

Great page and love the layout. Like you, I am trying to do some pages for my scrapbooks. I didn't do any last year and my son is keen on having the one I am doing at the moment. It's my family one on my Maltese Mom's side. I am having to put 4 or 5 photos on each page, as I have so many!
Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A super layout Marianne, great photographs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful layout and page to hold your memories.
Faith x

thecraftycavalier said...

Fab layout Marianne. I love the colours. I really want to start scrapbooking - I just don't know where to start! Happy new year. Hugs, Jayne x