Thursday 28 March 2019

Cardmaking class


This evening I am teaching my first cardmaking class at Prima Rosa, the vintage cafe/gift shop where I sell some of my cards and gifts. The owner likes her crafters to do classes if they want to and she provides tea/coffee and cake. Most of the people won't be cardmakers at all so I have chosen to do shabby chic cards. I am taking along some examples and will talk them through each stage but want to encourage them to create their own design rather than everyone creating the same card. This is one of the cards I have made for the class.

Sentiment - Inkylicious
Papers - Anne Marie
Ribbon and lace - Crafty Ribbons
Punches - Martha Stewart fern and flower, EK success retro flowers, Hobbycraft butterfly
Burlap buterfly - Michaels, Florida
Wooden butterfly - stash

17 comments:

Janette said...

Love this one and it will be a great example for your class Marianne, enjoy your day.x

meg said...

good luck tonight, hope you enjoy the hands on aspects of thr session, wonderful card example for them

Carole Pollard said...

Fab card such a pretty design Good luck for tonight you will be amazing they will all have a great time and I bet this is the start of many more classes in the future Love and hugs Carole x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lisa said...

So beautiful!! The textures are gorgeous and I love the sentiment!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Dol said...

What a great class it will be! Good for you! Your card is such a pretty card for them to see and be inspired! They may not be card makers now, but I am sure once your class is done...they will be hooked!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Marianne and how are the sentiment is

Anne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely shabby look for this card! Well done on your class!

brenda said...

Good luck Marianne, just go with the flow and I'm sure you will have great fun.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, I love the sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Marianne. Good luck for tonight, I hope they all behave themselves. lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Marianne,..hope the class goes well..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

It's a very pretty card Marianne, I love your design and all the lovely embellishments. I'm sure your class was very successful, and everyone had fun, Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats on teaching classes as this is a real winner.xx

Sarah said...

A really lovely card Marianne xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Marianne, I hope you class went well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

beautiful card!