Sunday 10 October 2021

Snowflakes


Last year I made one of these for our tree and never had time to make any to sell so this year I was determined to make some for my craft fairs. The patterns are from Catkin and Lilli on Etsy.  There are various designs which you can mix and match to make layered snowflakes.  Each snowflake has 3 layers and like the reindeer I sewed them on perforated paper backed with self adhesive white felt.  

I really enjoyed playing with the different designs and making 4 individual snowflakes.  I did adapt some of the patterns slightly which is really easy to do.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes.  I had a lovely day, starting at my favourite cafe/gift shop Prima Rosa then on to Cromer for a lovely walk along the prom and pier before a delicious fish and cheap meal.  It must be at least 2 years since we had fish and chips in a proper fish and chip restaurant.  We ate them in the restaurant looking out at the sea.  I enjoyed them more than going out for a fancy meal.

 

15 comments:

meg said...

These are so beautiful

brenda said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful Marianne.

B x

dolcreations said...

Wow, Marianne...your snowflake decorations are stunning! They will sell like hot cakes!
Glad to hear you had such a nice day!

cuilliesocks said...

So pleased to hear that you had such a lovely birthday Marianne, I certainly sounds great, especially the fish tea.
Loving your snowflakes, beautifully stitched too, I think these will sell quickly, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi these snowflakes are gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sarah said...

They are wonderful Marianne. I have several of Kat's patterns, so easy to follow and, as you say, adapt.

Chrissy said...

These are so beautiful and delicate Marianne, love the colours and glad you had such a nice meal out..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!!! Amazing ornaments!!A labour of love, surely!! Love them so much!!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow Marianne these are beautiful. Happy belated birthday wishes, I hope you had a fantastic day and we’re spoiled rotten. Glad you enjoyed your meal out. Alison x

Sandra H said...

These are absolutely fabulous x

The Craft Bucket said...

Beautiful, Jane

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Your snowflakes are very delicate and pretty, they will be very popular at your craft fairs I would imagine.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Cute snowflakes, and love those colours...xx

cotnob said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful Marianne, so pretty.
I'm glad you had a super day out on your Birthday, the Fish and Chips sound great.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

First look I thought these were jewels, what beautiful work Marianne.
Faith x