Tuesday 8 December 2020

New trimmer


I wanted to buy a new trimmer and asked people’s advice on Facebook. I was thinking of getting a Fiskars one but several people recommended the larger Fiskars one, the Procision trimmer. I decided to go with that one and am so pleased with it. It has a self sharpening blade so need to buy new blades anymore. It is very sturdy and cuts like a dream.


I love the fact that it folds in half which makes it higher on my desk meaning it is better for my back, an added bonus. It measures in inches and centimetres whereas my previous trimmers didn’t have inches on them. When it folds out it is perfect for scrapbooking or cutting papers for cards larger than 6”.

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sounds fabulous to use, I have to get a new one too, tired of buying blades. Enjoy the features it has. xx

Kath said...

Sounds like a really good trimmer Marianne. I like how it has self sharpening blades - I seem to spend a fortune on buying replacements for my trimmer
Kath x

Jackie T said...

Hi this looks amazing. Fiskars do make such good products. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Anonymous said...

now that looks like a serious piece of kit (lol)! WakeyL

cotnob said...

They are great trimmers Marianne, I have one and you can cut mount board with them as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dolcreations said...

I have been looking to buy a new cutter too...and I think your advice couldn't come at a better time...and I think we card makers know what works best for cutting as we use them ALL the time and want one that works well. Love the idea of not having to replace the blades. Thanks for sharing Marianne!

Linda Simpson said...

Sounds like it is just what you needed.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

It looks a really good one Marianne, and the fact that it is self sharping is a boon, thanks for the review, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Just what I want too. My guillotine has a wide metal strip, so I can't cut narrow strips, I'll go looky at this and see if it's better. Thanks
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I too need a new trimmer, hope in Santa's gifts LOL.
This one seems really sturdy and professional

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh tat looks great. I have a cutterpillar that self sharpens now. I love it as I was always replacing blades. Hope all is well, Hazel xx

Sarah said...

Thak you for the recommendation Marianne. I have a Tonic trimmer but I am beginning to find the replacement blades are getting harder and harder to source.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Just seen this, I agree with everyone else's comments it's a great tool for both cardmaking and scrapbooking. I've had mine for two years now and it is working just as well now as when I first purchased it.
Lorraine