Sunday 27 May 2018

Something new


Regular visitors will know I like trying out new handsewn items to sell and had the idea of making some handbag tissue covers. I searched the internet and found instructions I liked. I am sure left to my own devices they wouldn't have looked like this nor been as easy to make. I found it at Two Brown Birds under travel tissue cover.  I made one for myself and it looks so much nicer in my handbag than just a packet of plastic covered tissues. 

We went to see some friends at the craft fair yesterday and I liked the look of it so have booked in for four starting in July. Today we are going to have a day at home pottering doing odds and ends, a bit of gardening and whatever else we fancy doing.

20 comments:

pinky said...

These are just gorgeous Marianne. I remember being given one many years ago and yes they do look much nicer in your handbag and keep the tissues from fraying away to dust.

meg said...

Brilliant idea Marianne, they look fantastic,and easy to find the bright colours in your bag

Sandra H said...

Aww they are just so pretty l love the materials you used x

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous and love the material.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Such fabulous items to sell!! I'm sure you will sell all these beautiful handbag tissue covers!!

Janette said...

Nice e idea and I do like the way they look...enjoy your day..x

Wendy said...

These are fabulous, gorgeous fabrics.
Wendy x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are super, what a great idea, handy to keep in your bag, hope they sell well for yu, Hazel

Christine Dol said...

Marianne I love when you post these kinds of things. These are fantastic...what a great idea. I may have a go at this...thank-you for leaving us a link so we can try it out!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous makes Marianne, lovely material and great sewing. I'm sure they will sell well, Kate x

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, they are so creative and gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you used!! What a fun project!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are gorgeous Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

rachel said...

These are great Marianne - really pretty! Hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

They are pretty Marianne, I'm sure they will sell well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

These are just lovely, Marianne, they're sure to sell well. xx

Carol S. said...

Great idea and something different to try. Pretty fabrics and colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wow love the look of these..fabulous and classy idea.

Debra K. said...

Such pretty tissue holders! A wonderful craft item to add to your repertoire and sure to be a really good seller. Debra x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous, they should go down well on your craft stall.
luv
Debby

Fikreta said...

those are so very nice!