Wednesday 23 May 2018

An owl and GDPR regs


I have another of the new LOTV watercoloured images to share with you today. I was in the mood for Autumnal colours for a change and used Nikki Sivil's tree love papers. The dies are Lawn Fawn stitched circle and MFT stitched leaves, the sentiment is LOTV. I was going to use some feathers but on looking in a box for them I came across a pack of skeleteon leaves which I must have had for about 10 years and haven't used for years so I added them instead.

Challenges
Dies R Us birds 
Allsorts Happy Birthday Allsorts

So GDPR regs. I thought I would just add a bit again today as I have had a few people contacting me asking if they need to have a privacy policy and others asking if they can use mine. My initial thought when it was raised on Facebook was that it didn't apply to me. I don't sell on my blog but further reading and info from others who know more about it than me convinced me that all bloggers need a privacy policy. Mine is copied from some other policies, just tweaked to suit my style.  I am more than happy for anyone to copy mine or use it as a basis for theirs. You can find it on one of the pages at the top.  If you have people subscribing to your blog by email then you will need to contact them to gain their permission to continue and include something in your policy about it. I have never allowed email subscribers so haven't needed to do this. 

21 comments:

meg said...

Another beautiful image and wonderful card

Kath said...

A fabulous card and I love the LOTV watercoloured image. Thanks too for the GDPR info - I have tweaked for my blogs.
Kath x

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, love the sweet owl he's adorable.
Hugs Julie xxx

brenda said...

A fabulous Owl Marianne and perfect complimentary colours, many thanks for joining us again for our 9th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hi Marianne,

So kind of you to allow us to copy your GDPR text, I have been worried about what us bloggers need to do so thank you so much..

Love your owl card, these watercolour image are stunning, I think Making cards Magazine included some similar to these in their magazine a year or two ago and I loved playing with them.

Crafty
Hugs
Kelly

Christine Dol said...

Marianne your owl card is beautiful!

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, such a gorgeous owl.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and love this owl and skeleton leaves.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love this card its super, Im off to investigate further about this GDPR thing tonight. Ive removed all wee apps that I know track on my blog and so think I just need a wee privacy policy too. Oh the joys of the 21st Century!! Love H x

Sarah said...

A super card Marianne. Thank you for the GDPR info too xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The owl is beautiful!! I love the pretty leaves!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card, LOVE it! The skeleton leaves look amazing with your design and the lovely owl!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome creation Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chrissy said...

I love, love,love this Owl Marianne..what a wonderful card..thank you for sharing your private policy and stuff I really appreciate it as I would have done nothing about it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Marianne, I love the owl and your card design, these watercolour images are gorgeous.
Wonder if you could help, my reading list isn't showing all blogs when I click on it, just comes up with a particular blog and all it's posts. I've gone over to Help in blogger but can't find anything to help. I always turn to you as you seem to know about these techie things, any help would be appreciated... and if you have time, Kate x

Fikreta said...

It's a nice card!
hugs

Angela Dodson said...

Owl is gorgeous nestled amongst those autumnal colours :) and thank you for the helpful advice on the GDPR stuff, much appreciated x

It'sMe said...

Just love owls great work. Thank you for your help with GDPR so much advice out there all with different answers, So am playing it safe and going with yours.♥

Darlene said...

Oh wow ... this is fabulous Marianne! Love the sheer feathers accent! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bling’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darlene said...

Ooops ... my comment was in reference to your playing at the Dies R Us challenge! Should have said ... Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Birds’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, love these new watercolour images...Sorry for contacting you about the GDPR , when you had already wrote this post and I hadn't seen it.Thank you for your reply this morning.
Wendy x