Monday 8 February 2016

Something new


I used to do a lot of embroidery and cross stitch many years ago and after sewing the two reindeer just before Christmas which you may have seen on my blog I realised I wanted to get back into sewing.  I saw Kirstie Allsop sewing plastic canvas on her pre Christmas show and thought that looked interesting so did some research. I found that you can buy hearts and stars as well as circles and squares and of course like most crafts it is cheaper to buy these products in America. So when we were in Florida I bought some hearts and stars, needles and yarn and had a go at making some.



I used different stitches and made it up as I went along. I stitched the ribbon loop to the back and then cut a heart out of white felt and sewed that to the back to give a neat finish. 

I am selling my crafts at the hospital shop today and these will be on my stall. I hope the customer like them as much as I enjoyed making them. It is good to have something to sew whilst watching TV. Some programmes demand my full attention but others I can watch whilst sewing. I thought the hearts would be suitable for any occasion whereas the stars are really more for Christmas decorations.

My candy ends on Saturday.


22 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Wow these are beautiful Marianne very effective, I am sure these will be dry popular, I love doing cross stitch too, I haven't done any since I found card making.
Good luck with your stall today
Hugs Julie xxx

misteejay said...

A very pretty addition to your stock range.
Toni xx

brenda said...

Lovely needlework Marianne, years since I did any have to admit.

B x

Isobel said...

These are beautiful Marianne. Used to love sewing but alas I get frustrated now as I can't see so good even with my glasses on! Have a half finished canal boat scene lying somewhere in the loft( that's if hubby hasn't thrown it out) . Hope you sell loads today x

Stamps and Paper said...

These are lovely Marianne, love the different colours and stitching

Anne

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Marianne they are gorgeous x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I'm sure they will Marianne, I think they are lovely. I wish I was near your hospital shop so that I could treat myself, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are lovely and something a bit different to create and sell, hope you do well today.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful makes, Marianne, they looks very pretty and accurate! I'm sure that you will sell them all!

Linda Simpson said...

These look fabulous and I am sure they will sell well. I hope it has been a good day for you today!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Marianne, these are so pretty. You are so patient to create so many lovely designs. I am sure these sold like hot cakes today.
Sue...xxx

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Great hearts!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

meg said...

Beautiful makes Marianne, love the idea that you can make any design/colourway you choose,

cotnob said...

These are fabulous Marianne, I bet they sold quickly.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

These hearts are so pretty and would be a lovely gift. As an ex cross stitch addict, I often want to have something to do whist watching the TV. In fact I am typing this in front of the TV now! Hope you had a good day and sold lots of your hearts. Hugs, Carol S.xx

mags said...

These are lovely Marianne. Really pretty and I am sure your customers will love them.
Mags
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow they look fab Marianne! Lovely to pick up an old skill again. Hugs, Wends x

debby4000 said...

These are gorgeous Marianne.
luv
Debby

Carole Pollard said...

These are just fab makes me want to cross stitch again need to take a look at them when I go to Florida Bet they sell well at your craft stall perfect little gift Love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant heart creations...fabulous colours, and clever you, love them.....xx
 {aNNie}

Barb said...

These are lovely Marianne. I have a friend who does snowflakes using these supplies for charity at Christmas. I am your new follower. Barbxx

Kat W said...

Those are lovely; pretty colours and patterns :-)
Hope they sell well!
Big hugs, Kat xx