Sunday 28 February 2016

Let's get sewing


Another sewing themed card today, this one for my stall for Mother's Day.  I have my Mum's card half made so I will share that with you on Mother's Day. For this one I used a Hobby House topper and LOTV Dress Shoppe papers. The tape measure ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons. I don't like naked buttons unless thy are very tiny so I sewed them with baker's twine which I also wound around the wooden bobbin. The sentiment is from a very useful occasions set by Stamposaurus.

Challenges
The Ribbon Girl any image
Crafting from the heart anything goes
Simon Says anything goes 
Inky Chicks ribbon or lace
Winter Wonderland must use a sentiment

Looking forward to be treated to lunch out today by some very good friends. They went to Florida for the first time in Jan/Feb and we worked out all their itinerary for them, including booking some meals and rides at the Disney Parks. They were so grateful and followed it apart from the day they got lost putting in the wrong info for Kennedy Space Centre. Luckily we had left them a free day towards the end so they managed to get there the second time they tried. Time for some crafting first today.  Enjoy your Sunday whatever you are doing.

26 comments:

Isobel said...

Great card, enjoy your lunch x

brenda said...

Great for for the sewers Marianne, sure it will be popular on your stall.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT Colours,just awesome and the design is just gorgeous.xx
{aNNie}

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous card Marianne love the sewing machine.
Hugs Julie xx

misteejay said...

Beautiful card Marianne.
Enjoy your lunch and have a lovely Sunday.
Toni xx

Sammy said...

Oh I love that image!! Must see if I can locate it in stamp form.
Fab card Marianne. Love that ribbon too! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely themed card, great wooden embellishments too.
Lorraine

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Marianne caught my eye as I am a patchworker too

Anne

Deborah said...

Beautiful card and perfect for Mother's Day. Enjoy your lunch.
Deborah A

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the image and embellies!
Lucy x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card for the Mum's Day, love the image and your design is really lovely, I'm sure that you will sell it quickly!
Happy Sunday also to you

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

I just love your mother's day card, it is so lovely!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

meg said...

Great card Marianne my mum sewed and so did I touch of nostalgia for me

KT Fit Kitty said...

On I LOVE this! Such a gorgeous topper! You have the perfect embellishments! I know my Mom would love this!

Carole Pollard said...

Love this great design it's perfect for that pretty topper Enjoy your lunch love and hugs Carole x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous sewing themed card, love teh image and design
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Marianne, lovely details.
I hope you enjoyed your lunch.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Hi Marianne, this is a beautiful card - I love all the sewing themed details you have added. Hope you had a lovely lunch.
Sue...xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Ooooo love this Marianne, the topper is gorgeous and all your embellishments are fabulous, love the tape measure ribbon, just perfect for a sewer, Kate x

Carol S. said...

The image is gorgeous and the detail is brilliant. Have a good week. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous Mother's Day card which I am sure will be treasured
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Marianne fabulous image and all the wonderful embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs Julie xxx

StirYourCreativity said...

It is an awesome card. It shows so much love for sewing.

Plony said...

A great card full of lovely details. Thanx for joinin us at Winter Wonderland and do come back...
xxx Plony

Lynsey said...

Beautiful sewing card Marianne, you are so good at these!
Hugs Lynsey x

Eileen said...

A perfect card for mother's day. Love the nitwit papers you have used and your image is beautifully coloured. Great use of embellishments. Thanks for playing along with our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and hope to see you joining us again
Eileen x