Monday 22 February 2016

Snow Hugs


Looking forward to a trip to the coast today. We are going to visit a bloggig friend, Carol, who has moved to Lowestoft. I also have an order to deliver to a customer there.  Hopefully the weather will be ok and we can go for a walk on the beach after a spot of lunch. So yesterday we did lots of backing up on the external hard drive and updating on the laptops. I was going to use the newer laptop as I said on Sunday but I don't much care for Windows 10 so I think for the time being I will stick to using the older laptop and Windows 7.

 I was looking through some digis and found this cute pre coloured one from The Paper Shelter which I have never used. I teamed it with Carta Bella all bundled up papers, down to the last few sheets of these. The sentiment is from Pink Gem. Trees are IO and Joy. I used a white Wink of Stella on the larger trees but the sparkle doesn't really show on the screen. I love the white effect this pen gives, so glad I bought it, looks like snow doesn't it. The other tree was cut from an old Anita's topper I found in my must use up stash. The stitched snowflakes are Memory Box.

Challenges
The Paper Shelter make it digital 
Dream Valley Sparkle, bling and embellish 
Creative Inspirations anything goes 
Craftyhazelnut Cute or anything Christmas 
Sparkles Christmas Winter landscape 
Whimsy anything goes

27 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card - great layout and love the image you've used.
Kath x

misteejay said...

What a lovely image Marianne - super card.
I have Windows 10 and am just starting to get used to it - I think I still prefer Windows 7 which is what we use at work.
Hope the weather is good for you - rather wet & grey down here by the Thames.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, lovely snowman image and gorgeous papers. Love those tree dies too.
Have a great visit with your friend and I hope you enjoy your walk on the beach, Kate X

Carole Pollard said...

What a delightful card love that pre coloured image its gorgeous and my favourite trees as well Enjoy your day at the coast Love and hugs Carole

Jane Willis said...

Lovely image, that snowman looks so funny! And I love the papers and die cuts you've combined it with. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas
Jane

Sammy said...

Oh I love the colours of that image. such a lovely vintage feel.
Fab card! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It might be a bit windy but hopefully dry for your visit and walk along the beach. Lovely wintry card today and fun image.
Lorraine

Christine Dol said...

I am always in awe that you get your Christmas cards done throughout the year..I always say I'm going to do what Marianne does and I never do! Ugh...
I really like your card today. Very pretty.

aussie aNNie said...

Cute card love the colours and image used... Have a great week ahead.x
{aNNie}

Barb said...

Hi Marianne, I love the papers you've chosen and what a lovely image. The die cut trees look good. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Marianne, love the trees and the snowflake :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely topper and beautiful design! Love the gorgous three at the bottom right !

pinky said...

Have heard nothing but bad reports about windows 10 Marianne so like you I'll leave it for a while yet. Loving your card, what a great wee topper.

Unknown said...

Adorable Christmas card the image is so sweet. Love the embellishments and pretty backing paper. Thank you for joining our challenge at Dream Valley and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,a fab image and details.xxx

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

This is sutch an a adorablle winter card Marianne!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki ❤

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Marianne, lovely image and die cuts
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Really enjoyed this morning and looking forward to doing it again. Will email you. Gorgeous card and I have this image too. Like you, I am a snowman addict!! Speak soon, Hugs, Carol S.xx

Rene said...

Absolutely adorable! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Sarah said...

Another lovely snowman Marianne and the different trees look great too xx

Judith said...

I love this image from TPS - makes such a cute card with your added details - hope you had a good day hugs judith x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is so sweet Marianne. Lovely image and fab paper combo and trees. Love the lil' sparkly ones! Hugs, Wends x

meg said...

Lovely to see a happy little snowman he looks so excited to see his present great papers and choice of colours

Cards By MI said...

Lovely great card- lovely colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, I hope you had a lovely time with Carol. Love this sweet Christmas card, really must make a start on mine this month!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sandra H said...

This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A Winter Landscape” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx