Tuesday 5 March 2013

Working the Land


I've learnt something today, be careful what you use on the windowsill when the window of your craft room is open. We had a frosty but sunny start to the day and I decided to open some windows. Whilst the computer was firing up I opened up a large stamp folder on the windowsill, pulled out a stamp and the one behind it fell out of the window. There is a small tiled roof below which is over our front door and I could see the stamp sitting on the tiles. How do I get it down? Wait for hubby to get home, oh no. Undid one leg of his camera tripod so I could reach it and managed to flick it down hoping it would go down to the ground but it landed in the gutter. Opened the front door, stood on a small stepstool and recovered my stamp, hooray for me!

So onto my card which has been made using a gorgeous new stamp from Delicious Doodles. Teri sometimes has a Facebook competition to name a new stamp and the winner wins the digi. I named it Working the Land and won. I have edged it with DI Forest Moss and used up some papers from my odds and ends pile, which is going down nicely. I've used MS simple scallop border punch, baker's twine and some card candi. I found the sentiment in my sentiment folder and the colours match perfectly.

The craft fair on Sunday went well and as well as selling several cards and a couple of bags I sold quite a bit of craft stash too. I need to build up my stock of non cute cards now.
Challenges
Bizzy Becs Anything Goes 
Simon Says Anything Goes 
The Paper Shelter Animal Magic 
Charisma At least 5 patterned papers (I have 5) 
Crafting when we can Earth, air, fire, water (Mine has earth and air)
The Ribbon Girl Add ribbon or twine

24 comments:

rachel said...

great card marianne - lovely image xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Nice card Marianne what a striking image
jacqui x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Marianne. I love the image and you picked a good name for it. The papers and layout are fabulous
I'm glad the craft fair went well.
Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Your post made me laugh I could just image your face when you stamp went out of the window...put you got it back...lOl..lOl.
Love the image Marianne..great card

Anne

Jane Aldridge said...

Fabulous stamp design

pauline said...

Lovely card well named Marianne xx

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card Marianne. The image is fab and I love all the papers.
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

What a great image, lovely for male cards. Well done rescuing that poor stamp lol :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Debbie said...

What a fantastic image.Must check it out over there.Love your card it's super.Glad you retrieved your stamp.Bless you.Hugs Debbie x

julie_woolston said...

Love the image Marianne a beautiful card.

Hugs Julie xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun...as always...and so pleased you got your stamp back too...lol..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great card Marianne, lovely image
Glad you managed to retrieve your stamp lol
Hugs Kelly

coops said...

so stunning marianne.really love the fabulous image and design :D

xx coops xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Nice card and glad you managed to get your stamp back! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl March Card challenge to add ribbon or twine, best of luck, Mary x

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful card! Love the unique image and the patterned papers you used. :) Thank you for joining the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

mags said...

Great card Marianne. Love all the papers you have used.
Mags
x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful stamp, and you have really done it justice on this superb card :o)
Jackie xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh Marianne, first the comment for your card, wow love the sketch look on this a stunning image and beautiful card.

and your stamp, lol did make me smile, can only imagine the need to save your poor stamp and will certainly not place anything near my open window as that yellow thing in the sky starts to make an appearance

Hugs Kate xx

Leah l'Orange said...

fabulous masculine card, without being drab and blue and grey - you've rocked the colors! thanks for playing with my Patterns Galore challenge at Charisma! :)

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, your tale of the stamp did make me smile! Love this card, what a great name for the stamp you came up with!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carolyn said...

Hi Marianne, great masculine card. I love the use of the DSP and the great focal point of the image. Thank you for joining us this week at Bizzy Becs Challenge.
Cheers, Carolyn.

Marina said...

Your card caught my eye as it's something a bit different. Lovely use of the patterned papers and glad you got your stamp back!

Poppet said...

Congratulations on 2 counts Marianne, getting your stamp back and winning this gorgeous design from Teri. I think your choice of papers give a real earthy feel to your card.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous card, love that image, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting When We Can, hugs, martina