Tuesday 12 January 2010

Valentine


I cam down with a virus Sunday evening so am off work at the moment. Yesterday I felt so awful I couldn't even gather together the strength to make a card. I managed to colour a few images last night and am feeling a bit better today. I have a really sore throat and just feel worn out.

This is quite a bright card for me but when I saw the colour challenge of red and aqua at Whiff of Joy I thought I should give it a try. The fab sketch, which I rotated is from Secret Crafter. I added Shimmerz to her wings and she is coloured with Promarkers with a touch of Sakura gold pen. The aqua paper is Clare Curd, the red was a freebie from a mag. The fabric heart has been in my stash for so long I have no idea where I bought them and the flat backed pearl hearts are from Quixotic. I couldn't find the right coloured card for the backing of the image and text so used white and coloured it with a cool aqua Promarker.

10 comments:

pinky said...

Its gorgeous Marianne, you got the perfect combination there, the colours look so vivid, mine came out badly when I took a pic. Love your image, beautifully coloured. Hope you feel better soon, hubby sounds the very same as you!
Pinky

Mel said...

This is just gorjuss huni! the image is just beautifully done! Another stunner xxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card. I love the image and a great take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Ali Dantre said...

wow wow wow...gosh Im loving this marianne...the image and the colouring is so awsome sweetheart. Stunning!

Love
Lisa.xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous card love the colour combo great take on the sketch thanks for joining us at SCSC.

Hugs Christine xx

Mel X said...

Aw Wow! Fabulous card. LOVE the colour combi and use of hearts. That image is so lovely

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC and good luck in the draw

Mel X

Lynsey said...

Wow this is so pretty! Love those colours togther. So pleased you managed to make a few cards today.
Hugs Lynsey x

Pam said...

Love the colour combo on this hope your better soon Hugs Pam

Bev said...

Wowzers!!!! What a beautiful card, such pretty papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ this week x

debby4000 said...

Oh she is gorgeous and what wonderful colours.
luv
Debby