Monday 18 January 2010

Fire and Ice

This is my first card as a guest DT for Pollycraft. Paula sent me several of her lovely images and it was difficult to choose which one to use for this fortnight's challenge of Fire and Ice (or red and white). I decided to add silver into the colour scheme to add an icy feel, though this little cutie is anything but icy!

She is coloured with Promarkers and a Sakura silver clearstar pen. I chalked and inked the edges. Papers are DCWV and K&Co. I added some punched white and silver glitter ferns using my MS punch. I also used my star border punch and my lovely new X cut butterfly punch.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

very pretty x

Jill said...

Its a really pretty card Marianne. Love the stamped image.

Margreet said...

great card Marianne!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Hi Marianne,wow i'm loving this card,fabulous colouring and great choice of papers and embellishments:)

Sue
xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne what a wonderful GDT card! This is a perfect get well card.
Hugs Lynsey x

pinky said...

Marianne, saw this this morning on the pollycraft site, there's no stopping you now mrs, you are evolving like a flower!
Pinky

Teri said...

Wonderful card hun - love it! That butterfly is fab!
By the way - congratulations hun - you won my Mega Candy!! Get in touch with your postal deets, and I'll pop it in the post for you!
Hugs,
Teri xx