Saturday 25 June 2022

Giving up blogging

 Well after 13 years I have made the decision to give up blogging. It has changed so much since I first started blogging. Then there was no Facebook or Instagram and I used to blog daily as did many other bloggers. I visited lots of blogs for inspiration and received lots of visitors and comments in return.  Now I see most people’s work on Facebook.

I also used to be part of challenge DTs and participated in challenges. I haven’t done either of those for several years now as they are too time consuming. Writing blog posts also takes a lot of time which I would rather spend crafting as so few people are seeing my posts.

I have thought of it a few times so today will be my last blog post. I am getting to grips with Instagram. I learnt how to set up my blog so I am sure I can navigate my way around IG. I am trying to find people on there. If you leave me a comment with your IG name I will find you. Mine is mariannes_craftroom.

Thanks to everyone who has followed my blog and especially the regular commenters. I see many of you on Facebook and will hopefully see more of you on IG.

13 comments:

Tina Z. said...

I liked your blog and I found you on IG.

dolcreations said...

I will miss you here on your blog but totally understand!!! See you on instagram!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

We will miss you Marianne! Sorry but I'm not on Fb neither on IG, so I can't follow you there. Have lovely days ahead, good luck!

meg said...

Will miss your posts rarely go on Facebook,never on Instagram

Deborah said...

Will miss your blog posts Marianne. I love looking at blogs, but I am guilty of not always leaving a comment (which, I know is wrong). I haven’t posted anything recently on my blog - just struggle for time. I too created an Instagram account - so far haven’t managed to post anything 🤣. Off now to try and follow you!

Magic Maggie said...

Missing you already. Good luck.
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I shall miss seeing you here, Marianne, but understand. As for Instagram, somewhere I haven't ventured, but who knows, in the future?
Faith x

Sandra H said...

How very sad that your giving up your blog l will have to send you a request on IG l would love to continue seeing your crafts hope it goes well and your right there has been a lot of people leaving blogging xx

cotnob said...

Sorry to see you go Marianne, I am on Facebook and do have an Instagram account but rarely use it -it is a shame that blogger is becoming so unpopular but I can see why, it is very time consuming.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Marianne thats true lots of people comes on facebook and instagram
I will see you there.

Gr Karin

KT Fit Kitty said...

I always enjoyed checking out what you were doing, even though I rarely commented. I don't blog much any more either but I enjoy checking out blogs. I don't have any interest in FB or IG as I like to be old-school LOL. Best wishes to you, Marianne! Life is too short!

Carole Pollard said...

Such a sad day loved your blog as you give the details about the products you use which I like on blogs I will see you on Facebook but no plans to join Instagram and will be keeping my blog for my DT work good luck I will miss your blog hugs Carole x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sad to see you stop blogging all together Marianne. It's become tricky with some many other options and as a DT for teams, time consuming to 'do it all' so I have found myself visiting less, my favourite crafter's blogs. But it's still my favourite way to read my crafty friends adventures. I'm glad you've not closed your blog completely as yet, even if you take a break from it. I have found it is a nice 'history' of my own crafty adventures. I will see you on IG though and it's for sure a quick and easy way to keep in touch. Hugs, Wends xoxo