Saturday 18 June 2022

Cross stitched bicycle


I bought some small cross stitch packs recently and have been busy stitching them to make into cards.  This one was made for a friend.  They are lovely little kits but the frustrating thing is that there is plenty of some colours and not quite enough of some. I always photocopy and enlarge the picture to work by as it is small.  It also means I can mark off my stitches on the photocopy and keep the original to use again.

I made a frame using stitched dies and kept it simple with some flowers picking up the colours from the cross stitch and tiny pearls.

 

9 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful design with gorgeous colours and details

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your cross stitching are always so lovely! This one isn't an exception for sure, how sweet and joyful! Love the embellish flowers added!

Sandra H said...

This is so creative x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very intricate design and pretty card.
Lorraine

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely crossstitch Marianne.. just love the bike

Anne

dolcreations said...

Your cross stitch projects are always gorgeous!!!! I just love when you post these!!!!

Doreen said...

Love the cross stitch design, just gorgeous.xxx

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous design Marianne but I agree, extremely annoying when there isn't enough thread in the kit of a particular colour. I was gifted a Cotton and Twine kit for Christmas and have just started to work on it. The pattern is not the same as the kit leaflet so it's lucky that I am a proficient stitcher as I am having to work from the photograph. I suspect it was quite expensive too.

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, I love the floral cycle and your stitches are beautiful, loving how you've framed and embellished it too, Kate x