Friday 17 December 2021

Cross stitch meets Card-io


I have my last few Christmas cards to share with you before Christmas.  This free pattern from Durene Jones came up on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and as I have a friend who loves hedgies I just had to stitch it for her card.  I stitched it on perforated paper so I could cut him out and add him to the background.

Having used distress inks for years I am also now loving the distress oxides and used the chipped sapphire again. I also added a little black ink to the sky.  The trees were stamped in silver which came out really well I thought,  I am finding the torn paper so much easier to stamp over than using a plastic mask.  I added the foliage and some red liquid pearls.

We are not mixing very much but we are having a Christmas lunch with some friends today.  We arranged it weeks ago and there are only 6 of us in a nice airy restaurant.  

This new variant is very worrying even when you are triple jabbed as we are.  We have started taking lateral flow tests twice weekly to safeguard ourselves and others,  Stay safe everyone x



 

13 comments:

brenda said...

Loving the silver embossed trees and the little cross stick image incorporated.

B x

meg said...

Your cross stitch hedgie is a cutie,a great card

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. The hedgehog is so cute and I love the background you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dolcreations said...

Your card with the hedgehog is so adorable Marianne. I must say..having received my wonderful Christmas card from you that your work on your cards shows the love and time you put into them. The stitched images are your trademark now!!!!
Keep safe and enjoy your Christmas lunch!

Stamps and Paper said...

Your little hedgehog looks great in the winter scene you’ve created…..like you were keeping away from crowds …we can walk around quiet little village and sometimes don’t see a soul…

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, what a wonderfully cute card, I love the little hedgie and your silver trees are gorgeous, gorgeous design.
Thank you so much for your gorgeous card, I love it and seeing your cross stitch in reality it's even more beautiful, keep safe, Kate x

Chrissy said...

He is adorable and stitched beautifully Marianne and I love your oxide background and snow mounds..take care and stay safe..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

The trees are fantastic and love the adorable Hedgie!!
Stay safe and enjoy you Christmas outing with your friends. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

wow stunning card, gorgeous colours. xx

Lorraine said...

Another fabulous scene, the embossed trees look fab against the sky.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, a cute hedgehog.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pauline C said...

Wow Marianne that is a gorgeous design .. how brilliant to incorporate a stitched hedge, and the silver stamping on the blue background looks really good, I must try that
Pauline xx

Sarah said...

What a glorious card, the silver trees look fabulous against the chipped saphire