Tuesday 28 December 2021

70th Birthday


This is for a very good friend of ours whose 70th Birthday was yesterday.  She doesn't like cute images but she does love gardening so I chose this Hunkydory image.  The card is 7" square and the paper is First Edition Forever Free.  I added a square doily, flowers from Wild Orchid and a butterfly from Poundland.  The leaves were cut using a Joy die.  Numbers are American Thickers.

I rarely use this many colours on a card but wanted to echo the colours in the image with my embellishments.  I think I must challenge myself to use more colours on a card as I tend to stick to two main colours.

As I made this card I realised what a long time it is since I bought from Wild Orchid.  It must be at least two years and I still have lots of their flowers. I didn't buy much craft stuff at all this year but there is still an awful lot of stuff in my craft room, like most crafters I think.

 

12 comments:

brenda said...

It's a beautiful card for a lady.

Funny you mention Wild Orchid as I came across them only the other day and was surprised to find they were located in Poland, I always assumed they were UK based in the days I bought from them.

B x

Pauline C said...

Lovely image Marianne and I love all the embellishments … having come back to crafting I have noticed that there are not so many paper flowers on cards .. maybe due to huw much postage charges have increased?? I always loved them and have enough in my cupboard to last for years 😀

meg said...

A beautiful image and colourful papers and embellishments

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Marianne, and what a gorgeous topper, the colours are so pretty, as always your embellishments are just perfect, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a wonderful card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kath said...

A lovely card Marianne - I'm sure your friend will love it too.
Kath x

dolcreations said...

Perfect card Marianne! I love the bright and vibrant colours! Happy New Year Marianne!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's not cute, but is very sweet. Love the design and the colours!!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Marianne, such a pretty topper.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandra H said...

Your card is just perfect for your friend xx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty feminine card and the square doily creates a delicate frame against the darker background.
Lorraine