Friday 18 August 2017

The scales must be wrong!

This is the final paper pieced Pink Gem card I had published in Making Cards last month. My friend Carol made me laugh with the last Rita card I had on here as she said the image has my hairstyle. So here I am in my PJs and slippers on the scales 😃. I only like rose or white wine though. As before she has been coloured with Copics and paper pieced. The papers are Santoro Willow and I added some lace from Crafty Ribbons, doodling and enamel dots. The scalloped border is an MFT die.

Challenges
Simon Says add a sentiment

I have a new outlet for some of my gifts, a new florist shop which opened last week in Acle. It was a chance meeting in a wholesalers when I saw them buying a lot of stock and asked what it was for. I gave them a business card, they contacted me and bought a few gifts to start with to see how they go. This morning I have to go and see them and then go into Norwich for some shopping, lunch and a haircut for hubby.

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,a lovely design.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is so fun and makes me smile :)!
Congrats for your new business!

meg said...

Fantastic fun image Marianne, great excuse to use, scales are totally unreliable.

aussie aNNie said...

haha love this and love your sentiment.xx[aNNie]

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, another fabulous card, I love Rita, a great character and this image resonates with me, I say the same thing when standing on the scales. Lovely colours and design, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Love this, the image is wonderful as is the lace.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

A fun card Marianne, pretty papers.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, fab design
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Love the jim-jams!! Do you have any the same design?Lol!! Great image and a fun card. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

coops said...

Brilliant fun card Marianne.The image is fab and I love your colours ;D

Sarah said...

I hope your new outlet comes up trumps for you Marianne. Love this card, such a great character xx

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable!! Perfect sentiment because it makes me smile!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Fantastic fun image Marianne, great excuse to use, scales are totally unreliable.


บอลพรุ่งนี้

Christine Dol said...

This is such a fun image Marianne!!!

Fikreta said...

lovely card!

misteejay said...

What a fun card Marianne.
Toni xx

debby4000 said...

This made me chuckle, thats me on the scales. Fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby