Tuesday 15 August 2017

Stitch and Sew


When I first made a sewing plaque it sold straight away and so did the next ones I made. However I then had one on my stall for ages and I also had one for sale in the cafe/craft shop I supply. They too had it for ages then would you believe we both sold them last month. I have made two the same design but in different colourways.


The ribbon and lace are from Crafty Ribbons. I found the mannequin diecuts which I think I cut from a friend's Sizzix die. I added the paper dress and used dies for the scissors and sewing machine. The wooden embellishments and tiny buttons were the perfect finish.

Looking forward to a facial and back massage this afternoon.

17 comments:

meg said...

love the vintage feel that the papers,embellishments and dies give to the plaques.

aussie aNNie said...

What fabulous creative designs, love the ribbon and dies used. Love this idea. Hope you enjoyed your facial and massage, I had a facial and feel like I am glowing...xx [aNNie]

R's Rue said...

Love.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely heart plaques!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two gorgeous creations Marianne. It is funny how things suddenly take off and sell all of a sudden. Your pampering sounds lovely.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are lovely, I love anything to do with haberdashery.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarah said...

These are so pretty Marianne xx

cotnob said...

Super sewing themed plaques Marianne, they are both really pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

They are both so fabulous!! I love the details you added!! These will sell quickly, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

its so nice!

rachel said...

a great plaque Marianne - love the sewing theme xx

Carol S. said...

Brilliant designs and love the colours. It's strange selling items we make, as there is no answer to what sells one day and then you can carry another one around for months! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chrissy said...

Funny how something can sit around for ages and next thing they are in popular demand..FABulous plaques Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

misteejay said...

What lovely hangings Marianne. Just perfect for a Craft/Sewing room.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

Your heart plaques are just so pretty Marianne, lovely embellishments, Kate x

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, love the tape measure ribbon. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Lovely plaques x