Thursday 7 November 2013

Another CAS Robin


Today's challenge at Crafty Little Fairies is Christmas in November and we have a great prize this week of a £10 voucher from

Now for those of you who know me and know Squirrel as well will realise that Squirrel must have had quite a shock when she saw I had chosen to go with a CAS card rather than something more fussy and fancy. I loved making the last CAS one with this image so much I was determined to try another in a different style. The layout came about when I was tidying, something I do al the time I am crafting, believe me I am one of the world's tidiest crafters. These paper strips were lying beside the trimmer and I thought how good they looked together, rather than in the bin. Both my robin cards sold last Wednesday so I want to make some more. I am really enjoying making some cas cards at the moment as well as my usual fussy and fancy style.
Image - Sheena Douglass
Medium - Copics
Sentiment - LOTV
strips of paper

Challenges
(which I shall link up later or tomorrow)

Without Words Getting ready for Christmas
  Allsorts Christmas cheer 
Totally Gorjuss Anything goes with snow 
Papertake Anything goes option Christmas
Simon Says Keep it clean and simple
Let's Craft and Create Clean and Simple

 If you are reading this today then I am in Birmingham, stayed last night at The Hilton and looking forward to a great day at Hobbycraft today, shopping and chatting. I have a long list, some essentials and some must haves, money from my Birthday and craft fair sales so will share pics of my new goodies at the weekend.

There will be a second card publishing at 11.30, a guest designer spot.

26 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous....love the fab image and design.xxx

Sammy said...

It's just gorgeous Marianne! You were so right not to throw them away!
And hope you're having fun at the NEC! I will be there in spirit. x

Squirrel x said...

Shock isn't the word for it hunny! But what a result, I just LOVE this. See, we will make a CAS crafter of you yet, lol. Brilliant card. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs Squirrel xx

Sarah said...

Lovely card Marianne...amazing what you can do with bits and pieces isn't it!? x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, I do love Robins and your CAS design brilliant.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Marianne - hope you're having a fab day xx

Sue said...

Love your card Marianne,hope you are having fun x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, I love the robin and wonderful CAS design.
I hope you are having a fabulous time - I am sure you will be!
Sue xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous CAS design - love the image.
Debs xx

Claire said...

So lovely. Hugs, Claire x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Marianne - pretty 'papers'!!! Helen x

Vicky said...

This is just awesome & a super way of using up scraps of paper.....I sooooooooo love this card sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card Marianne. The image and design look fabulous.
Hope you're having a good time in Birmingham
Lorraine x

downrightcrafty said...

wow Marianne love the style of this card, you have worked it so well, fabulous image great colouring gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Sandra H said...

This is adorable Marianne l love robins and yours is a stunner x

Carol S. said...

Love this stamp. I think it is a must have. I really like your CAS style. I start with good intentions but somehow things are added to my cards without realizing it!!Lol! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chrissy said...

A stunning CAS card Marianne..I love the beautiful robin and fantastic colouring and the papers are perfect..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

A beautiful Christmas card Marianne. Thanks for playing along with us a TG this week. Sharon x

Jackie said...

Both so different but two gorgeous cards. I love Squirrel's CAS cards :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous CAS, hope you had a great time at the NEC.
luv
Debby

Laura Sterckx said...

Fantastic card! I love the strips of patterned paper (a great way to use scraps!) and the fun bird image! You colored it beautifully! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

dragonllew said...

Oh I love this card what a fab layout and such a cute image reminds me of the robin that lives in our garden thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week
Jenny x

coops said...

so gorgeous marianne.i love your robin and fab cas design :D

xx coops xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love the simplicity of this card. Such a sweet image, perfectly coloured and love the paper strips, so effective. Looks brilliant. Hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the image. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create.

Squirrel x said...

With my WW hat on....Such a gorgeous card hunny, love those colours, and your design is ace! Thanks for joining us at Without Words this month. Hugs, Squirrel xx