Wednesday 7 August 2013

Mum and Dad


Monday afternoon I decided to spend some time making a couple of scrapbook layouts. I just haven't had time recently and I do love making them. This is my Mum and Dad's wedding. Sadly they parted just after I got married but I wanted to preserve this happy day in my scrapbook. It's such a beautiful old photograph. The lady on the right is my dear Grandma, my Mum's mother, who passed away a few years ago. She was in her 90s and my Mum is 80 so I am hoping long life runs in the family.

I kept the layout simple as I didn't want too many embellishments to detract from the large photo. I've used some of my favourites, Tim Holtz vintage shabby papers, guipure lace, Prima flowers and cabuchons. The swirls were made with a Memory Box die and the simple title numbers are EK success stickers.

Challenges
Little Claire Weddings/anniversaries
  Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes 
Crafts 4 Eternity Here comes the bride 
Crafty Catz Pastel colours 
A Gem Pearlescent (The cabuchons) 
Natalie and Amy Celebrate

21 comments:

Chris said...

What a beautiful page and such a wonderful keepsake. Chris xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous page Marianne, perfect colours.
luv
debby

Janette said...

What a gorgeous keepsake, such a treasure, thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Sue said...

This is stunning Marianne. Such a special photo. Your layout and detailing is gorgeous.
Sue xx

julie_woolston said...

This is gorgeous Marianne.
Hugs Julie xx

Debs said...

oh Marianne this is so beautiful. Stunning photo and the lace is so gorgeous.
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Marianne, I love the simplicity of the lay out, it's perfect for the photo. A stunning page. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful scrapbook page Marianne, I never saw a photo of my parents wedding but as they were both in uniform I suppose I wouldnt. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Pretty layout, the subtle colours show off the black and white photo beautifully.

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous LO Marianne, love the photo & details.

Donna x

Alyx said...

I love this Marianne! Love, love, love old photos like this, and this one really is gorgeous. You've displayed it so beautifully as well.
xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful wedding photograph Marianne, and you've made a lovely scrapbook page. It's lovely to look at such special photos and make a background for them.

Your mum and dad look very splendid on their special day, Kate x

Lorraine said...

Beautiful!
Lorraine x

Kat W said...

This is absolutely stunning! It's so elegant and looks perfect with just a few well chosen embellies :-

Hugs, Kat xx

mags said...

A gorgeous layout Marianne. Lovely photograph and a great way to capture special moments.
Mags
x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, what a lovely photo and you have created such a pretty layout for it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Jackie said...

What a wonderful photograph, you have displayed it so beautifully :o)
Jackie xx

Debbie said...

Wow what a beautiful way to capture and keep such great memories.Stunning dearie.Hugs x

michele said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous layout with us at Crafts 4 Eternity, hugs x

Guylaine Seyer said...

very nice lay out. The piscture is so beautifully restaured!!
thank you for playing with us at Craft 4 Eternity

Naomi Johnson said...

lovely layout, beautiful project. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at crafty catz. Naomi x