Monday 19 August 2013

At the Fair





Over on the Crafty Ribbons blog we are celebrating fetes. 
For my contribution I made a scrapbook page of the wonderful day out we had at Dorset Steam Fair a couple of years ago. It was the biggest fair I have ever been to and it turned out to be really hot Summer's day. I've used DCWV Nantucket papers, ric rac and striped ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, K&Co bunting, Scrabble letters and some foam glitter stars I found in my stash. I have wanted some of these Scrabble letters for ages and when I managed to buy some of Facebook I was delighted. I chose to but them without the segmented box as I had one I could use and it saved on postage. The only trouble was that meant I received an envelope full of letters which had to be sorted so I could put them in the box alphabetically making them easier to find. I have a lot of other alphabets which are loose in their boxes and it take ssuch a long time to find the ones you want, if indeed I have all the letters I need.

Challenges
Heck of a Challenge Summer Holidays 
My Mum's Craft Shop Summer Sun 
Delightful Anything but a card
Simon Says Stamp Monday Carnival
Allsorts Use your new stash (Scrabble letters)
The Ribbon Girl Red

14 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous layout Marianne, love the pictures fabulous.

Hugs Julie xxx

Jackie said...

Brilliant page. It is many years since I went to a steam fair :o)
Jackie xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, fabulous design, hugs Pops x x x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Marianne. Such fabulous photos, I love the layout and scrabble tiles.
Sue xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is a fabulous scrap book page & I lurve the scrabble tiles.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

brenda said...

A great l/o Marianne, such a super way to caprture memories and I really should give it a go.

Thanks so much for sharing your l/o with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous page Marianne x

mags said...

A lovely layout Marianne and great photos.
Mags
x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous layout Marianne and great photo's.
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Hi Marianne, brilliant lay out. Looks like a great day out. Love the use of scrabble letters. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chris Hanselman said...

Cute layout. Love the letters. Thanks for joining our Anything but a Card Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
DC-DT

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fun layout! Love the scrabble letters and the images are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Steph said...

What a great layout, especially love the bunting and the scrabble letters! Thanks so much for joining us at MMCS Monthly Challenge, hope to see you again soon x

Unknown said...

Thanks again for joining us this month at a HOAC.
Chris x