Saturday 5 June 2021

Our Golden Wedding




I can't believe that today we have been married for 50 years! We just don't feel old enough 😊.  I didn't want to make a traditional card for Graham and as music has been such an important part of our lives, and still is.  When we met at a party he was in charge of playing the records on his record player. I was 15 and he was 19 and we were both too shy to talk to each other that night. We soon got together though and the rest is history.

I bought this Nitwits digi kit called Peachy Keen with this card in mind. It hasn't photographed terribly well unfortunately.

I created the arrangement in the corner on the backing paper and then printed all the elements onto card. I decoupaged each of the corner elements and added contrasting card to the lozenge shapes. I typed the sentiment onto one and 2 song titles onto the others. The paint chip already had the sentiment on it and couldn't be better. All I added were the punched musical notes.

We have a meal booked this evening so we will be celebrating 50 happy years together.

 

16 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Congratulations Marianne. It's hard to believe how quickly time passes isn't? I love the a card you have made for Graham - so very apt!! I love Nitwit Collections too and this one is absolutely perfect for your situation. Hugs. Christine x.

brenda said...

Huuuge congratulations Marianne, whatever you have planned today I hope it is special and you have a lovely meal this evening.

I know just what you mean about not feeling old enough, I was just the same when we celebrated ours, like you 15 when we met, married at 17 and a Mum at 19. I look at the youngster's now as they seem such babes, there agin maybe we were as well!!

B x

Glennis F said...

Congratulations to you both, that is such a lovely milestone for you

Anonymous said...

Congratulations; true love for sure. WakeyL

Jackie T said...

Congratulations happy anniversary to you both. Have a lovely day together. The card you have made is gorgeous and so appropriate for your hubby. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats to you both, well done on reaching that wonderful many years of marriage....love your card .xxx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary - you certainly don't look old enough, I hope you have a great evening.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

Many congratulations to you both,I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your meal tonight, love your card for Graham,the perfect theme to celebrate how you met

dolcreations said...

Congratulations Marianne! 50 years is wonderful!!!!! I love that you shared your story how you met...because your card is so meaningful!!!! Have a wonderful day and enjoy your time together!!!!!!!!

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Marianne.
Congratulations on your Golden wedding anniversary. I hope you are both having a fabulous day.
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Big Congrats to you both for your Anniversary!!! Fabulous card to celebrate!! Have a wonderful day!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

MANY Many Congratulation's Marianne on your Golden Anniversary. I love your card, the images are perfect for the era, where have all those years gone? I know the feeling of we're too young for all those years. (It's our 55th next Friday.)
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulation to you and Graham Marianne, Quite an achievement 50 years is, and I hope you've had a wonderful day.
Your card is fabulous, and I love your design, loving all the little sentiments too.
Enjoy your Anniversary Meal, Kate x

Kath said...

Congratulations to both of you on your Golden Wedding Anniversary, I'm sure Graham loved his card.
Kath x

Carol S. said...

Congratulations to you both and hope you had a lovey meal to round off a special day. I am sure Graham loved his perfect card. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sandra H said...

Oh this is so lovely congratulations to you both x