Wednesday 28 October 2020

Mr Snowman


I haven't been in the craftroom for a few days. At the weekend we both felt a bit poorly, nothing specific, just really lethargic, no energy and occasional pains. Thankfully on Monday we felt back to normal and decided to go into the city for the day and do some Christmas shopping. We have gor most of it done now as we don't want to be shopping nearer Christmas when it will be much busier. We had a lovely day as it wasn't too crowded. Bill's were doing special price lunches so we enjoyed a leisurely lunch before doing a bit more shopping.

The weather was really miserable yesterday and the light was very poor for taking photographs.  I did manage to improve it slightly with Photoshop. I used two of the new kraft and white digi papers from LOTV and an old favourite rubber stamp Mr Snowman. He is now available as a digi stamp. Coloure with Copics, sentiment is LOTV and I added some diecut trees and a Whimsy fence and some sparkle on the snow and baubles with a clear sparkle pen.

You will know how much I love snowmen so when I saw some snowmen masks on Ebay I had to buy us one each. We will be wearing those a bit nearer to Christmas.

Stay safe x

15 comments:

meg said...

the kraft papers are beautiful and your snowman even more so, a wonderful card

Doreen said...

A gorgeous car Marianne,love the snowman.xxx

brenda said...

I know you are a Snowman fan Marianne and this one is adorable.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely snowman card Marianne..pleased your feeling better ..well done for getting most your Christmas shopping done...

Anne

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card Marianne x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card Marianne. Glad you are feeling better. I am making festive face coverings for my colleagues this year xx

Tracy Welham said...

Wonderful card, Marianne, beautiful colours tones. Sounds like you had a nice day Christmas shopping. Bill's is one of favourite restaurants. I shall have to see if the one in Bury St Edmunds is doing any deals, we may pop in to town next week. The snowmen masks sound fabulous. I saw one on Facebook the other day that lights up and plays Jingles Bells!
Creative Blessings. x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Marianne, great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love that snowman. Well done for getting your Christmas shopping sorted. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous snowman and love the papers and design of this card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

dolcreations said...

LOVE your snowman card. I have always loved kraft paper with red. LOVE the image! You and I do love our snowman!!!
Like you I have been getting Christmas shopping out of the way as I do not want to out and about in crowded places!
Glad to hear you are feeling much better!!!!

Margaret R said...

Lovely card, great snowman

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne..I love snowmen and good on you getting shopping done early, I'm out next week to get mine done.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card.

cuilliesocks said...

So sweet Marianne, I love the snowman and the little scene you've created, beautifully coloured too, Kate x