Thursday 7 May 2020

Fairy Lili Sparkle


I planned to make some Christmas cards this week but getting an image out onto my desk is as far as I have got. A couple of friends asked for urgent cards, then a lady who comes to my cardmaking classes and buys from me at the hospital craft fairs asked for 10 cards and a plaque. So a sort through my cards and I found 7 suitable cards, some just need personalising. It's nice to think some of my cards will be posted out rather than just siting in my stock. I am doubting whether I will be doing any craft fairs this year the way things are looking. 

I have been working on this cross stitch for a little while and am very happy with how she turned out.  The pattern is from The Little Stitchery, a division of LOTV. She is called Lili Sparkle and should be stitched in pink but I fancied using purple. I used similar colours to the pattern for the rest of her as I have so many threads and didn't want to buy more.  I was going to put in her a wooden frame but preferred her in the hoop frame.  I will be back with a card tomorrow.

17 comments:

Kath said...

A beautiful cross stitch fairy - she's lovely. I've also been looking at The Little Stitchery designs, they're so cute!
Kath x

brenda said...

She is so very pretty Marianne. I think you are right about the lime elements of the current situation.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautifulllllllll Marianne
Gr Karin

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous stitching Marianne - she looks lovely
Lorraine x

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful I like the colours on this against that dark frame So glad you are selling your cards still . I have three commissions finished for friends but looks like I will need to post them as not sure when we can all get together again
Stay safe love and hugs Carole

Sandra H said...

This is so adorable the colours are well suited to the image x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

This is pretty Marianne, lovely purples.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

Oh Marianne...this is so beautiful! You did a fantastic job! The work that went into this is stunning! You should do a card to match! Or a tag to attach to your gorgeous project! Great project...keep them coming! I guess this is easy for me to say!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous little stitched plaque Marianne, she is just so pretty. These make such lovely gifts, Kate x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a pretty cross stitch, I love the colours you have used for her. Ive given my Mum in Law a few cards as she is shielding and May is her busy birthday month, she feels so bad that she cant go out and buy her cards, H xx

Linda Simpson said...

She is so cute, love the cross stitched frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol S. said...

She is very pretty and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

MiamiKel said...

OH Marianne, how sweet! I've seen two cross stitch, needlepoint projects tonight and this is absolutely sweet! This is darling - bravo! TFS!

Fikreta said...

its so lovely!

Pop's Cards said...

Simply stunning I love your colour changes, hugs Pops x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cross stitch fairy Marianne lets hope we can get back to doing craft fairs this year!

Anne