Tuesday 19 June 2018

Watering the flowers


Another Birthday card for another friend, June has been a busy month for Birthdays and Anniversaries.  This is another of the three Penny Black stamps I just bought and this made me smile as it suits my friend perfectly. Whereas we like a cottage garden look with different heights and plants growing through each other my friend ends to plant small flowers with lots of earth showing, Also their hose doesn't reach their front garden so they have to relay watering cans round to the front garden.

So I coloured the image with Copics, the paper is First Edition Mulberry Kisses. The fence dies is one of my favourites from Doohickey. I used Memory Box cloud dies and stamped a Little Claire sentiment onto the largest one. The butterflies were made with Crafts Too dies.

A couple of people commented on my last PB post that they take the rubber stamp off the wood. I know it makes it easier to store but part of the charm for me is the wood with the pictures. It would be like storing other stamps without their packets which I couldn't do either.  

Challenges
The Ribbon Girl anything goes option Summer 
Creative Inspirations here comes the Sun! 
The Paper Shelter ribbons, buttons or pearls
Dies R Us Summertime fun

19 comments:

brenda said...

A sweet PB hedgie Marianne and sounds like a perfect image for your friend, thanks so much for joining us again at Penny Black and More challenge, it's a perfect card.

B x

meg said...

Love the stamp hedgie is soaring on a flower tending to his work, great card

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Carole Pollard said...

So lovely I love the papers and the stamp is a delight I'm sure your friend will have loved it Love and hugs Carole x

Christine Dol said...

Marianne, your friend is going to love this card and thoughtfulness you put into it! I love the meaning behind why you picked this stamp set to make your card!!! Great pick and fantastic card !

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fabulous image.xxx

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The image is so sweet!! I love the papers and the fence!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the adorable image and the papers are gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a sweet card, love the pretty papers you have gone for. Ohhh I couldnt take the stamps off penny black stamps!! Feel like I would be breaking them, Love H x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

A sweet card Marianne, a cute image and pretty papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

A lovely card Marianne, super paper xx

Carol S. said...

Another very cute card and love the Hedgie. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love this card Marianne. This is what I will be doing later this evening minus the flying! A lovely summery card. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

cuilliesocks said...

Oh love this one and almost missed it, it's gorgeous, love the sweet hedghog and your wonderful colour theme, Kate x

Maria said...

Super darling! Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge at Dies R Us!

Fikreta said...

It's very nice card!
hugs

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x