Sunday 24 June 2018

Christmas bauble


Yes, more sewing today. Do you realise 6 months today will be Christmas Eve! Isn't that a shocking thought. Am I half way through my Christmas makes, of course not, but I am making good progress. I saw an idea on the Papercrafter page on Facebook for some felt baubles and thought I would adapt the idea, as I always do. I watched the you tube video and the demonstrator had cut a piece of felt in a zigzag to represent the trees but I didn't want to do this. I like to use dies wherever I can.

I used a circle die for the bauble, hill and tree dies, then did running stitch on the snow. I then sewed on some tiny buttons, added the ribbon and blanket stitched around the edge. I filled the bauble, but not as much as the animals I sew as I didn't want it too puffy.  I am rather pleased with the way it turned out and will be making some more of these along with all my other sewing projects.

I would like to enter this into the bright and cheerful challenge at Simon Says.

19 comments:

brenda said...

I just thought the same when I was scheduling next Sunday's month challenges, scary indeed, it's a lovely seasonal bauble though.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous felt bauble!!

meg said...

love the bright colours and the buttons used to decorate the tree

ankitag612 said...

Wow! You are so talented. Your stitching is so neat and pretty. I love the night sky you created with navy felt and the bright lights using buttons. Very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Wendy L said...

Looks gorgeous Marianne, I saw it on FB. Your stitching is so neat, very unlike mine, xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is adorable, what a great bauble. Your stitching is so neat!! Im off to make a LOTV Fox so hoping I can be as tidy as you! Love Hazelx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Time is certainly getting away fast but you seem well prepared for the upcoming festive season - a lovely bauble.
Lorraine

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bit of sewing Marianne I am sure these will sell well

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

You are right it is a shocking thought, but you're away ahead with your gorgeous bauble, beautifully sewn and decorated, Kate x

cotnob said...

A pretty felt bauble Marianne.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Great detail and love the trees. A very pretty bauble. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Debra K. said...

What a cute felt bauble! Love how you've used buttons on the trees. Debra x

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely beautiful Marianne, I must start my Christmas cards,
Hugs Julie xxx

misteejay said...

This is adorable Marianne - what a super decoration.
Toni xx

rachel said...

this is so cute Marianne - lovely idea! Hugs rachel x

MaryH said...

This is just so sweet. Always love the use of buttons on anything, (I used to be a button collector, so have tons). I like your idea of using the dies for the trees, and all your colors look so pretty together. Your blanket stitch trim is just so nice & evenly done. This will look lovely decorating your tree this December. This year is really speeding rapidly. Hard to believe 2018 is half over! TFS

Christine Dol said...

LOVE THIS IDEA MARIANNE!

Carole Pollard said...

Just loving these what a great idea and I love those trees they make them so special. I think you may be making a lot more of these they are perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Fikreta said...

its so very nice!