Sunday, 16 July 2017

Gem


A customer at the hospital last month asked me to make her a pink easel card with a white Westie and this is what I made her. I added some soft cream shading on the dog as dogs aren't all pure white.
Image - Pink Gem - Gem in Love
Medium - Copics
Papers - Anna Marie Blissful Pink
Dies - MFT pierced rectangles, Doohickey lace edge
Sentiment - LOTV teenage girl
Punch - Fiskars flower
Velvet ribbon and pearls from stash

I tried a new technique which I saw on a site and it worked pretty well though it doesn't show all the colours very well on here. I used Dovecraft 3d pearl effects in various colours. I made lots of pearl drops on a piece of white card randomly using the different colours. I then put another piece of card and top and pressed them together, let it dry and then punched out the flowers. They are lovely and shimmery and I will be trying it again.

Challenges
Creative Inspirations anything goes 
In The Pink special occasion 
AYLI pearls or gems (pearls always for me. I love the soft sheen rather than the bling of gems.)

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable easel card Marianne

Anne

Sarah Bell said...

This is really sweet Marianne ❤

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great image and easel card design Marianne, I'm sure your customer was very pleased with her card.
Lorraine

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. The flowers and papers work fabulous together.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

oooh love this one so cute and love the easel card which I find hard to photograph but you have achieved it well.x
[aNNie]

Janice said...

A really pretty easel card, love the westie!
Janice x

meg said...

Beautiful design layout and card , love the Westie and the flowers

Christine Dol said...

Marianne, I love your easel card. I have forgotten about that style of card and will have to make one! Yours is adorable. I love the scalloped style along with the image and pretty flowers you added!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable Marianne. I am sure your customer loved it too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne and I love the flowers and that cute little Westie..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

A lovely card Marianne, love the sound of the pearl paint technique xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Marianne, love the sweet Westie and your lovely flowers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol S. said...

Pretty card and a cute image. The flowers look great and a pretty design. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, so pretty.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous easel card Marianne! Such a cute Westin. The flowers look wonderful, I enlarged them on my screen and can see perfectly the shimmer which must look beautiful in real life. The customer must have been over the moon with this card. Debra x

Diane said...

Saw this at a challenge and just had to pop on over and say how cute and adorable it is!!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Pollard Carole said...

This is just adorable I love the design as well Thanks for joining us at In The Pink Challenge Love and hugs Carole x Design Team

Lynne said...

A super easel card with such a cute image! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It x

Fiki said...

Lovely card!

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely adorable Marianne, a gorgeous card.
Hugs Julie xxx

misteejay said...

Great card Marianne.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet image and gorgeous design, Kate x

Nunzia Carusio said...

Cute and adorable image.
These flowers are interesting...
Nunzia

scrAPpamondo said...

Love this easel card, so sweet and cute! Thanks for sharing your technique for the flowers!