Sunday 16 July 2017

Gem


A customer at the hospital last month asked me to make her a pink easel card with a white Westie and this is what I made her. I added some soft cream shading on the dog as dogs aren't all pure white.
Image - Pink Gem - Gem in Love
Medium - Copics
Papers - Anna Marie Blissful Pink
Dies - MFT pierced rectangles, Doohickey lace edge
Sentiment - LOTV teenage girl
Punch - Fiskars flower
Velvet ribbon and pearls from stash

I tried a new technique which I saw on a site and it worked pretty well though it doesn't show all the colours very well on here. I used Dovecraft 3d pearl effects in various colours. I made lots of pearl drops on a piece of white card randomly using the different colours. I then put another piece of card and top and pressed them together, let it dry and then punched out the flowers. They are lovely and shimmery and I will be trying it again.

Challenges
Creative Inspirations anything goes 
In The Pink special occasion 
AYLI pearls or gems (pearls always for me. I love the soft sheen rather than the bling of gems.)

25 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable easel card Marianne

Anne

Sarah Bell said...

This is really sweet Marianne ❤

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great image and easel card design Marianne, I'm sure your customer was very pleased with her card.
Lorraine

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. The flowers and papers work fabulous together.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

oooh love this one so cute and love the easel card which I find hard to photograph but you have achieved it well.x
[aNNie]

Janice said...

A really pretty easel card, love the westie!
Janice x

meg said...

Beautiful design layout and card , love the Westie and the flowers

Christine Dol said...

Marianne, I love your easel card. I have forgotten about that style of card and will have to make one! Yours is adorable. I love the scalloped style along with the image and pretty flowers you added!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable Marianne. I am sure your customer loved it too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne and I love the flowers and that cute little Westie..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

A lovely card Marianne, love the sound of the pearl paint technique xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Marianne, love the sweet Westie and your lovely flowers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol S. said...

Pretty card and a cute image. The flowers look great and a pretty design. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, so pretty.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous easel card Marianne! Such a cute Westin. The flowers look wonderful, I enlarged them on my screen and can see perfectly the shimmer which must look beautiful in real life. The customer must have been over the moon with this card. Debra x

Diane said...

Saw this at a challenge and just had to pop on over and say how cute and adorable it is!!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Carole Pollard said...

This is just adorable I love the design as well Thanks for joining us at In The Pink Challenge Love and hugs Carole x Design Team

Lynne said...

A super easel card with such a cute image! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It x

Fikreta said...

Lovely card!

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely adorable Marianne, a gorgeous card.
Hugs Julie xxx

misteejay said...

Great card Marianne.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet image and gorgeous design, Kate x

Nunzia Carusio said...

Cute and adorable image.
These flowers are interesting...
Nunzia

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love this easel card, so sweet and cute! Thanks for sharing your technique for the flowers!

CraftyNatalie said...

Beautiful easel card, love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this month.