Sunday 22 May 2016

Home is where the heart is


I have been playing with my Zig Woodcraft pens after admiring Carol's plaques when I went to see her lovely stall last week. I loved the effect she does on her plaques and tried it out on these magnets. I think the paint pens dry to quickly to achieve the crackle effect but I like the way the colours blend and I added some crackle accents to get the crackle. I left the bottom one solid. To get the effect on the top two I painted one coat, then when it was dry added streaks of PVA glue, let that almost dry and then painted the other colour on top. I found the Kaisercraft letters in my scrapbook stash and added a wooden house to one and enamel hearts to the other two.

20 comments:

Liz said...

What a lovely hearts! I especially love the background effect on the top two. xx

meg said...

Lovely idea Marianne

brenda said...

Lovely designs and colours Marianne.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

misteejay said...

Lovely makes Marianne. I love the quirkiness of the mismatched alphas.
Toni xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful heart's Marianne
Dianne xx :)

julie_woolston said...

These are gorgeous Marianne I've not seen those pens, they are very effective.
Hugs Julie xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Just catching up on all your lovely cards and projects....as usual and lovely selections of cards and projects

Anne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

All adorable, love the colours and the look of crackle accents on the plaues on top!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Wow lovely - have a great day today and enjoy xx

Unknown said...

Great plaques Marianne, especially the top left one love that background :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Barb said...

Hi Marianne, Your heart magnets look lovely. Great colours and I love the background effects on the top two. Barbxx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous hearts Marianne, great letters - I like that they are all different fonts and sizes.
Pauline
x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous plaques Marianne, lovely little details, Kate x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous designs Marianne
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous hearts and love the backgrounds. Thank you for the compliment about my hearts. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Valerija said...

Wonderful hearts!

Debra K. said...

Wonderful hearts Marianne! The paint effects look great and the letters really 'pop' beautifully. Debra x

Fikreta said...

wonderful hearts!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, these look great! Love the designs!
Hugs Lynsey x