Friday 17 July 2015

Eye Eye


You may be wondering what on earth this card is all about. Well my hubby recently had eye surgery and he asked me to make a thank you card for the surgeon. He has had high eye pressures for several years and controlled them with nightly eye drops. Recently they had risen again and he had the beginning of cataracts. There were several options but we decided to pay to have the cataracts removed and some super duper new lenses fitted which means he no longer needs glasses for anything. we have to wait a while to see if the pressures have gone down as the healing drops after surgery can increases the pressures. 

So back to my card. I remembered i had a set of Tim Holts stamps which were perfect for this card. I found a thank you stamp and gave it all a distressed look using my favourite Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I bought the wooden glasses from Hobbycraft recently so they fitted in too. As for the car which was made with a Marianne classic car die, well the surgeon has a green classic Morgan. He loved the card and was very impressed with the individual design.

Back later today with some photos to share with you.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like this lovely card ticked all the boxes Marianne xx

misteejay said...

A fabulous themed "Thank you" card Marianne. I'm not surprised the surgeon was impressed.
Toni xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Marianne, such a great personalised design.
I am pleased that your hubby's eye surgery was successful.
Sue xx

cotnob said...

A perfect card for hubby's eye surgeon Marianne, it's lovely to be able to make things so personal isn't it.
Pauline
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This card is just perfect for say thank you to the surgeon! Stunning make, I have never seen something as this!

rachel said...

lovely personal make marianne xx

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card and love all the elements. I have the start of cataracts, worse in my left eye. Only very little so far but still annoying. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jackie said...

Fabulous card and suitably themed!
Wishing your hubby eyes well :o)
Jackie xx

Sue said...

This is such a clever and fun card Marianne, I am not surprised the eye chap was chuffed with it.
Sue...xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

It's utterly brilliant Marianne. The surgeon is right to be impressed with such a wonderfully personalised card. How gorgeous to be able to do this for your hubby. Bet he was chuffed too. Wishing him quick healing and hope the pressures right themselves. Hugs, Wends x